If you are an IT professional wanting to apply for a Global Talent Visa, you must be familiar with the Tech Nation, since this body will either approve or deny your application.
The top ten facts about the Tech country are listed below:
- What exactly is a Tech Nation Visa?
Tech Nation is an assessment organisation that works on behalf of the UK Home Office to find exceptionally skilled workers worldwide. Tech Nation is in charge of several other types of visas, but the Global Talent Visa is the most well-known.
- What exactly does Tech Nation do?
Tech Nation supports digital technology specialists who may contribute to the UK tech economy by working for tech companies or starting their own businesses utilising their technical or business experience.
Over the previous two years, Tech Nation has received 1,975 applications and approved 920 visas from 50 nations across the world. The top three nations entering the UK using this visa were India, the United States, and Nigeria.
By 2020, 52% of people approved by IT Nation will be IT professionals working in the UK’s biggest tech companies, and 28% will be tech entrepreneurs, with 421 talents having established their businesses in the UK.
- Who is eligible to apply?
The UK tech visa system divides candidates into two types:
- Technical candidates with demonstrated digital technology knowledge, and
- Business candidates have a track record of success in digital product enterprises.
Top business skills endorsed: Founders or C Suite in a SMEs + (CEO, CMO, CIO) or head of operations, product managers, SaaS or enterprise sales leadership, commercial/business leads, and so on for a digital firm are all approved.
- What are the advantages of the Tech Nation Visa?
- There is no requirement for employer sponsorship or IELTS.
- There is no age restriction.
- You can change jobs or work for yourself without seeking permission from the Home Office.
- You can stay in the UK for three to five years.
- Your family is welcome to join you in the UK.
- In the UK, you can apply for permanent residency (ILR).
- The previous restriction on the number of visas granted has now been lifted.
- Key Requirements for Endorsement by Tech Nation
You were supposed to demonstrate that you are an innovator, leader, and expert in your field. Significant career accomplishments and years of experience become important decision considerations.
When applying to Tech Nation’s Digital Technology Sector, you can describe your skills as either:
- as a leader ‘Exceptional skill’ (5+ years of experience)
- as a rising star – ‘exceptional promise’ (less than 5 years of experience)
- How much does a Tech Nation Visa cost?
Stage 1: Tech Nation Endorsement Application: £456 (Approximately INR 45,947).
Stage 2: The GTV Visa Application Fee is £152. (Approximately INR 15,315)
All dependents: £608 (Stage 2 only)
- How long will you be in the UK?
- If you’re applying as a leader, you’ll have three years (Exceptional Talent)
- If you are applying as a future leader, you must have a minimum of 5 years of experience (Exceptional Promise)
- What are the ‘Exceptional Talent’ Visa Eligibility Criteria for Tech Nation?
You must fulfil one necessary and two optional “Exceptional Talent” requirements.
Applicants must demonstrate their identification as a leading talent in the digital technology area as a mandatory criterion for Exceptional Talent.
Along with the required documentation, you may also present two of the following criteria:
- a demonstrated history of innovation as a founder or senior executive of a product-based digital firm, or as an employee working on a new digital sector or idea.
- proof of acknowledgment for activity outside of your occupation that contributes to the progress of your field.
- As a founder, senior executive, or employee of a product-led digital technology firm, you have made a technical, commercial, or entrepreneurial contribution.
- remarkable talent in the discipline demonstrated by academic contributions, research published or supported by an expert.
Criteria for ‘Exceptional Promise’ Visa Eligibility in Tech Nation
One necessary and two optional “Exceptional Promise” conditions must be met.
Mandatory criteria for Exceptional Promise:
Applicants must demonstrate that they have the potential to be a great talent in the field of digital technology and that they have been recognised for this.
Along with the required documentation, you may also present two of the following criteria:
- As a senior executive of a product-based digital firm or as an employee working on a new digital field or concept, provide two or more instances of innovation.
- proof of acknowledgment for activity outside of your career that contributes to the progress of the field
- as a founder or employee of a product-led digital technology business, major technical, economic, or entrepreneurial contributions to the area
- 2 or more examples of remarkable competence in the discipline demonstrated by academic contributions or research supported by an expert
- What is the Tech Nation procedure?
The application procedure for a UK Global Visa is divided into two steps:
Stage 1: Applying for approval
For candidates applying under the Digital Technology sector, you can be approved by an organisation authorised by the UK Home Office.
In this instance, you can seek endorsement from Tech Nation.
Stage 2: Submitting an application for a Global Talent Visa through the Home Office
You can apply for a visa via the online application form on the UK Home Office website or by contacting a reputable visa adviser.
Tech Nation will not be a part of this process.
More information on how Prominent Overseas can assist you with your UK Global Talent Visa may be found here.
Now that you understand the procedures required in obtaining a Tech Nation endorsement, we can move on to the most critical element of the process: paperwork and proof of evidence.
- What papers are needed for the Tech Nation Process?
Documents required for the Tech Nation online application form:
- Personal Statement
Your Personal Statement must be included in your Tech Nation application.
A letter of no more than 1000 words in length outlining all of your potential contributions to the UK digital technology sector. You may include the following questions as well as any other pertinent information:
- Why did you decide to go to the United Kingdom, and what career do you want to pursue there?
- What are your objectives, and which location in the UK appears to be the greatest match for you to achieve them?
- How will your effort aid the UK digital technology sector?
Explain in-depth what you would contribute to the table.
Include your latest accomplishments and key experiences. Explain what you did, how you planned, strategized, and implemented an idea, product, or service, and how your efforts benefited the organisation.
Mention your extracurricular activities and how you assisted others in the digital field.
2. Curriculum vitae including work and publishing history
It must be typed and printed on three sides of A4 paper.
3. 3 recommendation letters (LORs)
The LORs must come from three well-known organisations that are considered as specialists in the field of digital technology.
The recommendations must be made by a senior member of their organisation and by someone who is familiar with your work.
Each letter must be distinct in terms of what you have accomplished in that specific organisation.
Your duties and contributions must be unique to each organisation, and your leadership qualities must show through the achievement of the milestone.
Your future employment intentions may be influenced by the contributions you’ve made during your career.
Finally, the letter must demonstrate that you were an asset to the organisation and will be one to the UK’s digital technology industry.
It should be noted that the recommenders must be organised differently from the other two.
It will also be beneficial if you have previously worked with someone who currently resides in the UK and is recognised as an expert in the subject.
The author who is recommending you must date and sign the letters. You must give their contact information, such as phone number and email address, as well as the organization’s logo and official address. The author’s curriculum vitae and evidence of qualifications must also be included.
Take note: Fake advice or templates obtained from the internet will not help you.
4. Proof – Up to ten pieces of evidence that fit the Eligibility Criteria
You must collect ten pieces of proof indicating that you fit the criteria, each of which must be no more than three A4 sides long.
Here are some things to keep in mind as you prepare to submit your evidence:
- Indicate which of your supporting papers are relevant to your chosen Eligibility Criteria.
- You must be able to present proof for your elders’ and your own assertions.
- Each document you provide will be counted as one of the ten pieces of proof.
- Any action you provide as proof of recognition must have occurred within the last 5 years.
- If you started a financially successful firm, you must produce essential documentation to verify it, such as joint or sole ownership, financial records demonstrating growth, and so on.
- You can include personal details such as your academic background, job records, or money generated as an entrepreneur.
- Do not include web links or provide printed physical copies of your materials.
- If any of the papers or suggestions are not in English, you must submit Authorised English translations of the same.
- All currencies used as evidence should be translated to GBP or a list of acceptable conversion rates should be given.
To summarise, here are a few things to think about before applying for an endorsement with Tech Nation:
The Global Talent Visa is a visa that permits talent from many fields such as academics or research, arts and culture, or digital technology to come and work in the United Kingdom. The Global Talent Visa is also known as the Global Talent Tech Nation Visa, the Tech Nation Visa, the UK Tech Visa, and other variations.
Tech Nation is one of the Home Office’s approved endorsement groups, providing endorsements to persons applying for the Global Talent Visa in the digital technology industry.
A Tech Nation endorsement will demonstrate to the UK government that you are a leader or future leader in your industry and may be a valuable resource to the country.
If you have fewer than 5 years of experience, you can apply under the ‘Exceptional Promise’ category.
If you have more than 5 years of experience, you can apply under the ‘Exceptional Talent’ category.
However, it is not only your experience that is important. Your successes throughout your career—the process of developing an extraordinary concept and seeing it through to effective execution, as well as the subsequent influence on the business, people, or the digital world—matter enormously.
Before you apply, make sure you have all of the necessary paperwork.
Talk to individuals on forums who can help you through this procedure, or seek the advice of a visa consultancy who is experienced and consistent in their approach.
Most essential, don’t let the procedure overwhelm you. Maintain your cool and take one small step at a time. Best wishes!
We can assist you with both stages of the Global Talent Visa if you like.
Prominent Overseas Careers professionals guarantee that you not only file your application but that everything in it – your data, documents, LORs, personal statements, and so on – is written in accordance with UK immigration rules.
Over the last two years, we have successfully assisted 20+ Indian candidates in receiving an endorsement from Tech Nation.