The UK Visitor Visa, commonly known as the Standard Visitor Visa, is a short-stay visa issued by the United Kingdom. It permits the visa holder to stay in the country for duration of six months.
This article discusses the UK Visit Visa Requirements needed to visit the UK in 2022, as well as all imports factors such as how to apply, paperwork required, charges, and so on.
What exactly is a UK Visitor Visa?
You can enter the UK using a Visitor Visa for a variety of reasons. This visa permits you to stay in the UK for a period of six months to ten years, with a maximum stay of six months each visit.
You can conduct the following things with a UK visiting visa:
- Get private medical care.
- Visit the United Kingdom for vacation or sightseeing.
- Visit relatives or friends (family visitor visa category candidates)
- Job-related activities (if you have a business visiting visa) include:
- Meetings for business (business visa type)
- As a performer in cultural events
- Sports competitions
- Participating in research etc.
If you are here on a student visa, you can take short-term courses that are valid for the duration of your visa.
Visit Visa Requirements and Eligibility in the United Kingdom
7 Important UK Visitor Visa Requirements:
- You must demonstrate that you will return to your native country following your visit.
- You must be financially capable of supporting yourself and your dependents throughout your stay.
- You must demonstrate that you can afford a return ticket as well as any charges that may arise during your stay.
- The dates you intend to visit the United Kingdom
- Information about where you will stay during your visit
- Your present address and the length of time you’ve lived there
- Evidence that you plan to leave the UK once your visit is over.
Keep the following details handy:
How much will your vacation cost?
Your parents’ names and birth dates
How much money do you make in a year
Details about your travels during the last ten years
The address and phone number of your employer
Name, date of birth, and passport number of your partner
Name and address of anybody who is paying for your trip
Any family members you have in the UK, including their names, addresses, and passport numbers
Information on any criminal, civil, or immigration offences you’ve committed
How long may you stay in the United Kingdom on a Visitor Visa?
You can stay in the UK for the following durations with a UK visiting visa:
If you are an ADS traveller, you have a maximum of 30 days.
If you are travelling for a family visit or tourism, you can stay for up to 6 months.
If you are going for private medical care, you can stay for up to 11 months.
Up to a year: If you are an academic working on a research project in the UK.
What papers are required for a UK Visitor Visa?
The following are the documents you must submit as UK visitor visa requirements if you wish to visit the UK:
A VAF1A application form with the GWF number.
a passport-sized photograph
Passport must be valid.
Business registration paperwork
University/college leave of absence paperwork on the letterhead of the institute (if you are a student)
Bank statements over the previous six months
Letter of invitation from a family member or acquaintance (if any)
Itinerary outlining your trip plans in the United Kingdom
Booking information for the hotel where you will stay.
How to Apply for a Tourist Visa to the United Kingdom from India
- To apply for a UK tourist visa from India, do the following steps:
- Go to the UK Visas and Immigration website.
- Create a profile using your email address and password.
- Log in and complete the visa application form.
- Fill out the declaration
- Pay the applicable visa charge.
- Send in your visa application
- Take a print of your visa application form.
- Schedule an appointment with your preferred UK visa application center.
- Attend the embassy interview.
- Submit all supporting documents, including your passport, to the embassy/consulate.
- You may either pick up the visa stamped passport in person or have it mailed to you.
Processing time to get a UK Tourist Visa
In usual, it takes 15 days for Indians to obtain a guest visa to the United Kingdom. If there is a specific circumstance, it might take up to 30 days.