Canada is well-known for being the most welcoming country to immigrants. It is also a lovely place to visit, with many natural beauties, historical landmarks, and varied cultures.
While most immigration applicants are granted a tourist visa to Canada, many applications are refused due to incomplete paperwork and inadequate or erroneous evidence.
If you want to secure a tourist visa for Canada, keep reading to learn everything you need to know.
Who needs a Visitor Visa to Canada?
Foreign nationals who wish to visit Canada for the following reasons:
- The goal of leisure and tourism
- Meet your family and friends.
- The goal of business
To enter Canada, all of the aforementioned groups require a guest visa. This is a form of short-term resident visa.
Minimum Requirements for a Visitor Visa to Canada
An applicant’s criteria for a Canada visiting visa include:
- A passport is required.
- Must be in excellent health and have no criminal history
- You must have sufficient cash to sustain your stay in Canada.
- The travel itinerary, as well as the to and from flying tickets, must be provided.
- Must provide verification of employment, family, and financial assets.
Image Source (Google)
What Documents Are Required for a Canada Tourist Visa?
The following documents are required for a Canada visit visa:
1. Identification document
You must have a valid passport and other necessary travel documentation. When applying for a Canada Visa, you must produce two photocopies of your passport’s information page.
The photocopies should include the following:
- Passport issuing and expiration dates
- Personal Information (picture, name, date of birth, and place of birth) Passport Number
- Photographs 2
When applying for a Canada Tourist Visa, you must provide at least two passport-size pictures.
3. Financial proof
You must provide documentation that you will be able to support the family throughout your stay or visit to Canada. These are the documents that you must present as evidence of funds:
- Account statements
- Employment letter (to show your annual earnings)
- Financial proof from friends/family to fund your expenditures throughout your stay is required.
- Income documentation from the individual who will be hosting you during your stay in Canada
- Other financial evidence include property, PPFs, stocks, FDs, and so forth.
- Tax returns over the previous three years
4. The cover letter
You must submit a cover letter or statement to the Government of Canada stating why you should be granted a Tourist Visa.
5. Invitation letter
If you are visiting relatives or friends, you must present a letter of invitation from them.
6. Visa application form and supporting documentation
This visa application must be downloaded from the IRCC website. Then turn in all of the documentation (pictures, fee receipts, passport copies, and other documents)
7. Itinerary for travel
A detailed itinerary for your journey, including flight tickets to and from your destination. Mentioning the locations you intend to visit. Also included is a full overview of the routes you will take throughout your journey to Canada.
8. Articles of Association and other papers
Self-employed candidates must provide a Memorandum of Association (the company’s key corporate instrument) as well as other supporting documentation.
9. Proof Documents
You must convince the visa authorities that you do not intend to stay in Canada. The following documents are required:
- Employment proof: Employment Contract information claiming that you are their permanent employee, employment function in the firm, and estimated date of return to work.
- Property transaction, proof of lease: These documents demonstrate that you intend to return to your home country at the end of your vacation.
Note: ID cards are required for students, and retired candidates must provide their pension slips and retirement papers in addition to the preceding documentation for tourist visas.
Process of Obtaining a Canadian Tourist Visa from India
The following procedures must be completed in order to apply for a Canada visa:
Step 1: Get the visa application.
Step 2: Attach all supporting papers to the application.
Step 3: Pay the visa processing cost as well as the biometrics charge.
Step 4: Fill up and submit your application
Step 5: Visit an embassy or consulate and provide your biometrics (fingerprint and picture).
Step 6: You will get your decision after examining your background check and eligibility.
The immigration agency may request more documentation during the evaluation stage.
Image Source (Google)
What is the application fee for a tourist visa to Canada?
The price for a tourist visa is as follows:
- The application cost is $100 CAD (5,500 INR approx.)
- Fee for biometrics: 85 CAD (4,700 INR approx.)
Money Required for a Canada Tourist Visa
An individual residing in Canada need around 1,230 CAD (INR 68,000 approx.) per month for their monthly costs, whereas an applicant visiting for tourism requires approximately 2,000 CAD (INR 1,10,000 approx.) for 30 days per person.
This is in addition to the visa charge.
Canada Tourist Visa Processing Time
It takes 10-15 working days to process tourist visas.
This time period does not include:
- It’s time to hand out biometrics.
- VAC and the visa office exchanged applications.
Visitors visas are non-immigrant visas.
Other Important Frequently Asked Questions
Why do you want to visit Canada?
Students, business professionals, and employees all want to visit Canada. It is well-known for:
- Cities that are modern and multicultural
- Natural wonders such as Rocky Mountain Parks, Niagara Falls, and so on
- Camping, rafting, and other outdoor activities
- Famous national events and festivals
- Canada’s four seasons each have their own distinct appeal.
- Consider Canada’s overwhelming French culture.
- Very realistic for a family trip.
To view all of this, you must obtain a visa in Canada by paying the appropriate visa costs along with the visa application in order to travel on a temporary residence visa or permit.
Is it possible to apply for a Canadian visa without an invitation letter?
An invitation letter is not required when applying for a guest visa. It is an additional document to strengthen your case and demonstrate to the immigration officer that you are travelling Canada to see relatives or friends or to visit Canadian nationals who have invited you over.
Is it possible to work on a visiting visa?
When you have a visiting visa stamped in your passport, you are not permitted to work or engage in any commercial activity that will allow you to access the labour market.
How long is a tourist visa valid?
A person with a visit visa in their passport can stay in Canada for up to 6 months. You must depart the country before your permit expires.
What is the best approach to demonstrate that you intend to leave Canada?
Aside from your passport, you must give documentation that you are a citizen of the nation. Proofs include:
- Proof that you have family in your native country that you must financially assist.
- Evidence that you will not be studying or working in Canada
- Evidence of no criminal history
All of these documents must be presented with your visa application.
Why should you apply for a visiting visa online rather than on paper?
The CIC government has begun an online approach in addition to the paper process. Online visa applications may be more advantageous because:
- If filed online, there is no need for a courier or postage.
- The submission has been received promptly.
- The online process is faster.
- If you submit an unfinished visa application offline, the visa application is returned to you after a few days, whereas your visa application is submitted online after the form is completed.
- You are not need to provide your passport until the CIC requests it.
- Get instant visa status updates on your online account.
Who is required to get electronic travel authorisation (eTA)?
Applicants from non-visa-required countries who want to fly to Canada must get an eTA, travel document, or notify the Canada Visa Application Centre prior to their departure date.
What can’t you do with a visit visa?
If you have a visit permission, you cannot perform the following:
You cannot study if you have a guest visa and choose to study by obtaining a study permit in the nation.
- You are not permitted to work in Canada because you lack a valid work permit.
- You are not permitted to stay in Canada indefinitely.
If you intend to obtain a tourist visa for Canada, ensure that you have correctly filed all essential paperwork.
The following documents are required:
- Evidence of funding
- Cover letter
- invitation letter
- visa application form, and other papers
If you have any further questions about the visa application procedure, please contact us.
How may Prominent assist you?
With a high success record, Prominent Overseas Careers is the top immigration adviser in India.
Visit Visa: Travel to any region of the world for pleasure or business with Prominent.
Study Visa: Enroll in Internationally Recognized Universities.
Work Visa: Live and work in the World’s Best Cities!
Immigration: We are your one-stop shop for all of your visa and immigration requirements.
Permanent Residency: If you become a Permanent Resident, you will receive additional privileges.
Profile Evaluation: Our professionals advise you on the visas you can apply for based on your purpose of trip, profile history, and current travel restrictions.
Visa Filing: Prominent assures that your visa application satisfies all of the standard standards set out by the immigration authorities of the nation to which you are applying.
Paperwork & Review: Our skilled staff will assist you with all of the documents required to apply for a visit visa.
Visa & Interview: We help you prepare the best responses and aid you with the documentation you will need to submit during your interview.
Dedicated Case Officer: We appoint a case officer who will walk you through the whole procedure. When in doubt, you will always have a point of contact.
Post-Landing Service: Once you’ve obtained your visa, we’ll assist you settle in with a pleasant stay and provide additional personalised services.
With Prominent, you can anticipate a one-stop solution for all of your visa needs, including profile evaluation, paperwork, application preparation, and post-visa services.