Acting Minister for Immigration Alan Tudge in a joint statement with Senator Michaelia Cash has announced a new Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL). The PMSOL allows less quantity of sponsored skilled professionals to return back to Australia to fulfill urgent skills needs in different sectors, to help create plenty of jobs in Australia and reconstruct Australia’s economy.
“Visa holders, who have been sponsored by an Australia business in a PMSOL occupation can request an exemption from Australia’s travel restrictions but will be subject to a strict 14 days quarantine on arrival at their own expense”.
The 17 occupations (ANZSCO code) are:
- Chief Executive or Managing Director (111111)
- Construction Project Manager (133111)
- Mechanical Engineer (233512)
- General Practitioner (253111)
- Resident Medical Officer (253112)
- Psychiatrist (253411)
- Medical Practitioner nec (253999)
- Midwife (254111)
- Registered Nurse (Aged Care) (254412)
- Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) (254415)
- Registered Nurse (Medical) (254418)
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) (254422)
- Registered Nurse (Perioperative) (254423)
- Registered Nurses nec (254499)
- Developer Programmer (261312)
- Software Engineer (261313)
- Maintenance Planner (312911)
Current skilled migration occupation lists will still remain active and the visas will still be processed, but the priority will be given to those in occupations on the PMSOL.
The report also indicated that a strengthened labor market testing requirement is going to be introduced to complement the PMSOL which will need the vacancy to be advertised on the Government’s Job Active website in addition to the existing labor market testing requirement.
SEPT 2nd 2020:
Victoria will start to begin the nomination program for subclass 190 and 491 on 8th Sep 2020 for candidates operating in health or medical analysis that contributes to Victoria’s economic recovery and health response
To contemplate for the Victoria visa nomination, submit a new EOI, or update the recently submitted EOI and then the applicant must submit “Registration of Interest for Victoria state visa nomination.”
Registration of Interest (ROI) to be submitted by 21st Sep 2020, 5 PM AEST.
The candidate has to meet all the below conditions to submit the ROI:
- The candidate must be currently living in Victoria.
- The candidate to be currently employed in Victoria (min 6 months)
- The candidate has to be working in highly-skilled occupations related to health or medical research.