Demand for IT Engineers in Canada in 2022
Canada is eager to welcome engineers from other countries. One explanation for this is that there is an imbalance between supply and demand in the engineering skills field. The present generation of professional engineers is retiring, and current grads in Canada are not addressing the issue. As a result, skilled engineers from other countries are in high demand.
Engineers from India with good academic records, aptitude, and intellect are welcomed by nations with a high rate of immigration, such as Canada and Australia.
In such a case, deciding on the ideal nation for permanent residence and employment becomes challenging.
Qualifications for working as an engineer in Canada
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering is required. You must be a reputable university’s engineering graduate or postgraduate.
- You must pass an educational credential evaluation conducted by immigration officials. You will receive points for your qualifying, according to the regulations.
- Relevant job experience in a reputable engineering business is required. You must have prior experience working in a supervisory capacity. This will strengthen your permanent resident application.
- In some situations, the Association of Professional Engineers may require you to get a licence. Although this is not a legal requirement, it may apply in some circumstances.
- You should be able to do software research, design, development, and maintenance. These technical skills will assist you in qualifying for the skilled worker programme.
- For an easy introduction, you must be well-versed in dealing with technological surroundings. You should be familiar with data warehouses, embedded software, multiple operating systems, and communication applications.
- Language competence is vital in addition to your degree and expertise. You must get at least 6 in all four IELTS units. The exam evaluates your English reading, writing, listening, and speaking abilities.
- To avoid rejection, ensure that your application is comprehensive in every way. In addition, your skilled worker category application should include all the supporting documentation. You can have a trained immigration expert fill out the application for you.
- You must obtain a sufficient number of points in your evaluation.
- Your chosen IT vocation or Engineering field must be in great demand. The National Occupational Classification must include it.
- Having said that, and IT employer-sponsored Invitation to Apply will make your immigration procedure easier. However, it is not required.
There is a particular set of requirements to apply for Indian IT employees who are residing in Canada as a temporary foreign worker. In all circumstances, your talents and the demand for your chosen occupation are the most important factors in obtaining visas through Express Entry.
BEST ENGINEERING JOBS IN CANADA?
- Project Manager
- Project Coordinator
- Project Engineer
- Quality Assurance Technician
- Industrial Engineer
- Engineering Manager
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
Skills and certifications in demand
- AutoCAD experience
- Instrumentation and measurement skills
- QA (quality assurance) skills
- Autodesk Revit: for architects, structural engineers, designers
- Solid works design software
- Structural Engineer (SE)
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng / PE)
- Engineer in Training (EIT)
- Certified Engineering Technologist (C.Tech / CET)
- Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD)
- Electronic Systems Technician (EST)
CANADIAN PROVISIONS WITH OPPORTUNITIES
It is one of the country’s most progressive provinces. It is located on Canada’s Eastern Coast.
This province has several career prospects for software engineering graduates and applicants with advanced degrees in this field.
The provincial government has begun to expand in the information technology industry. The government promotes investors and entrepreneurs to establish new businesses in the country. The government encourages people to apply through the Nova Scotia nominee programme, which is part of the Express Entry system.
This province has also joined the Atlantic immigration pilot programme in its search for IT expertise. To apply for permanent residency, you must have an employment offer. However, IT experts consider the PNP Nova Scotia Program of Express Entry to be a simple immigration choice.
Manitoba might be considered the country’s IT centre. It is also a progressive province in the centre of the country. The IT sector employs around 5% of Manitoba’s population in Winnipeg.
Once again, a sizable Indian population has come to this area.
Expect comfortable surroundings and a significant Indian community here. Here dwell software developers and a variety of other specialised individuals.
You can apply for permanent residency in this province with the assistance of an immigration agent.
Because this province’s labour economy requires skilled immigrants, it is critical that you fulfil its skilled immigration standards.
With that stated, you can apply to become a permanent resident of Manitoba through the Express Entry programme or by direct application.
The government is eager to establish Ontario as an IT hub. IT experts with specialised skills are in high demand in this province. Over the years, this has remained a popular choice for Canadian immigration.
In fact, numerous investors in this area are launching new enterprises in the IT sector. If you are an IT expert or a business owner wanting to invest in Canada, Ontario welcomes you.
You might discover Canada immigration to be a source of your entrepreneurial goals if you have competence in your field.
British Columbia (BC):
Web developers and software developers like to settle in this province. Through hassle-free immigration, this province draws Federal Skilled Workers. There are numerous employment openings in both the public and private sectors.
You may look for high-paying jobs in this province by looking for work possibilities in Vancouver. This location is perfect for artificial intelligence engineers in particular. You may apply for Canadian PR based on your job experience and other characteristics, which is quite comparable to the US green card for IT workers.
What exactly is Express Entry Canada?
- Canada’s newest way of admitting permanent residents is the Express Entry Program.
- It’s an online system based mostly on points.
- A draw will be held for interested and eligible permanent residents to obtain their express entrance. This method needs the least amount of processing time.
- IT professionals such as software engineers, web developers, system analysts, and others can gain quick access through this.
- This is the most popular programme for IT engineers since it takes around 8 months to process 80% of applications.
- To get access under the Express Entry Program, you must apply as a federal skilled worker. The assessment must provide at least 67 points out of a possible 100.
- Federal Skilled Trades and Canadian Experience Class applicants are also eligible for Express Entry.
- It is vital to grasp current trends before applying for the rapid entrance programme.
- You may look at past express entry drawings or the national occupation classification to see what talents are in great demand for permanent residency.
- This will assist you in determining your prospects of obtaining Canadian PR and reaping its rewards.
The following elements are required:
- Original diplomas, degrees, or full transcripts with your course and grade information on them
- Full address of the university where you received your engineering degree
- Character references and employment
- Identity Document Valid Passport
The Application Procedure
The Express Entry Program allows you to apply to Canada. The Express Entry Program is the most commonly used approach. The application procedure is as follows:
Step 1: Determine your eligibility for the programme.
Step 2: Gather all necessary documentation.
Step 3: Create your Express Entry profile
Step 4: Complete the profile.
Step 5: Candidates are chosen on the basis of their CRS scores.
Step 6: The highest-scoring candidate receives an Invitation to Apply (ITA).
Step 7: After receiving the ITA, applicants must apply for permanent residency within 60 days.
Step 8: If you are chosen, you must submit further documentation.
Step 9: After verification, you can apply for permanent residency in Canada.
Program for Provincial Nominations
You can also use the Provincial Nomination Program to bolster your case. The procedure is as follows:
- The candidate searches for and applies for an appropriate PNP.
- Applicants can construct an Express Entry profile if the territory or province approves to the nomination.
- They can establish that they hold the provincial nomination there.
- Non-Express Entry System (application on paper) –
- Based on the qualifying requirements, choose a suitable province.
- Submit your EOI (Expression of Interest) using the non-Express Entry channel.