If you want to visit the United States, you’ll need a visa. There are numerous types of visas, which can be perplexing for those who have never applied before.
This article covers everything from visa validity to cost, permissions to documents required. Read on.
What exactly is a B1/B2 visa?
The B1,B2 visa is a short-term visa for people who want to travel to the United States for business and leisure. This visa has a one-year maximum validity period.
While a US B1 visa is only valid for business travel, the B1/B2 visa is valid for both business and tourism and leisure purposes.
The B1/B2 visa is also known as the B2 visa or the US Visitor visa.
When should you apply for a B1/B2 visa?
For Professional Use
- You or your company must negotiate a contract or invest in a US-based company.
- You must settle an estate in the United States.
- You must participate in or attend conferences, meetings, events, and seminars, among other things.
- If you want to meet with a business consultant from the United States.
- Going to the United States for a short trip or vacation
- Taking a multi-state tour of the United States
- Attend social events such as charity shows, health and fitness events, and so on.
- Receiving medical treatment in both hospitals and private clinics.
- to go to concerts, sporting events, etc.
- Visit a friend or relative in the United States.
What are the B1/B2 Visa Requirements?
- In your application, you should clearly state the purpose of your visit and provide sufficient evidence of it.
- Your intention should be to stay in the United States for an extended period of time.
- Show proof that you provided sufficient financial resources to cover your stay in the country.
- The papers must be unique.
- Sign a statement acknowledging your intention to return to your home country.
What Documents Are Required for a B1/B2 Visa?
- Passport: It must be valid for at least six months after the period of stay requested.
- Digital Photograph: A passport-sized digital photograph is required. Your features should not be distorted, and your face should be clear.
- Travel itinerary: If you have already made your travel plans, you must share the specifics.
- Resume or CV: You must submit your educational credentials, work experience, and a resume.
- Dates of previous trips to the United States: If you have previously travelled to the United States, you must share the details of the last five trips.
- Additional Information: Depending on your purpose, you may be required to provide additional information in the online application.
Documentation is critical in the process of obtaining a B1/B2 Tourist visa for the United States.
Get an expert to help you with this!
How to Obtain a B1/B2 Visa from India?
Step 1:Fill out the DS-160 form online.
This includes the following:
- A 10-digit barcode confirmation email.
- Make a copy of the confirmation page.
Step 2:You must pay the visa application fee.
The application fee is US$160 (INR 11,832 Approximately). This item is not refundable.
Step 3:Make an appointment.
You must schedule two appointments online:
- For your biometrics and photograph, go to the Visa Application Center (VAC).
- For your visa interview, go to the Consulate or Embassy.
What you must bring to your VAC interview:
- The number on your passport.
- Your Visa Fee receipt’s CGI reference number.
- Your DS-160 confirmation page’s ten-digit barcode number.
- Every supporting document.
- The Visa Application Center (VAC) is also referred to as Offsite Facilitation Centers (OFC), BioVisa, or Biometric Visa.
- It is preferable if you leave at least two days between your appointments at the VAC and the US Embassy.
- At the VAC, a digital photocopy of you will be made. Obtain a stamp from them.
Step 4: Attend the Consulate or Embassy interview.
For your visa interview, go to the US Embassy.
What you must bring:
- A printed copy of your interview appointment letter is required.
- VAC has stamped your DS-160 confirmation.
- One photograph from the last six months
- Passports, both current and expired.
- Other supporting documentation.
- You will find out whether your visa is approved or denied shortly after the interview.
- If your visa is approved, your passport will be mailed to you within a few days.
- If your visa is denied, you can return home with your passport.
We can assist you with your visa application, documentation, and overall process!
How much does a B1/B2 visa cost in India?
A B1/B2 visitor visa from India to the United States costs $160. (INR 12,508 Approx). Hiring the services of a consultant will incur an additional cost.
Standard B1/B2 Visa processing time
|Visa Type||Processing Time|
|B1 visa||Few weeks to 2 months|
|B2 visa or
the B1/B2 visa
|Few weeks to 2 months|
Other Important Frequently Asked Questions
How many times can a B1/B2 visa holder enter the United States?
The B1/B2 visitor visa allows for multiple entries into the United States. That means you can leave and return to the United States as many times as you want or need.
Is it possible to work on a B1/B2 visa?
No, you can only visit the US temporarily and receive no monetary benefits as a worker with this visa. It is specifically available for people looking to visit the United States for entertainment or business purposes, as previously discussed.
Can the holder of a B1/B2 visa apply for a green card?
No, the B1/B2 visa holder can only travel within the United States, attend meetings, and do personal work.
Who issues the B1/B2 visa in the United States?
The US government’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs issues the US B1/B2 visa electronically.
- The B1/B2 visa is a temporary business visa.
- This visa is issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- It supports multiple entries.
- There is a $ 160 application fee.
- It is used for business, pleasure, and tourism.
Are you planning a quick trip to the United States? We can assist you with the visa application process!
Why Select Prominent Overseas?
Prominent Overseas Careers is the best visa consultant in India for US visa advice.
Among our services are, but are not limited to:
- Profile Evaluation: Our experts advise you on the visas you can apply for based on your purpose of travel, profile history, and current travel policies.
- Visa Filing: Prominent ensures that your visa application satisfies all of the standard requirements set forth by the immigration authorities of the country to which you are applying.
- Documents & Review: Our expert team will assist you with all of the documents required to apply for a visit visa.
- Visa & Interview: We help you prepare the best answers and assist you with the documents you will need to present during your interview.
- Dedicated Case Officer: We assign a case officer who will walk you through the entire process. When in doubt, you will always have a point of contact.
- Post-Landing Service: Once you’ve received your visa, we’ll help you settle in with a comfortable stay and provide other customised services.
If you found this interesting. Top Requirements for Obtaining a Visit Visa to Canada