Facts of Tech Nation -Global Talent Visa
If you are an IT professional planning to apply for a Global Talent Visa, you must be familiar with the Tech Nation, since this body will either approve or deny your application
- What exactly is a Tech Nation Visa?
Tech Nation is an assessment body that works on behalf of the UK Home Office to find exceptionally skilled workers worldwide. Tech Nation is in charge of several other types of visas, but the Global Talent Visa is the most well-known.
- What exactly does Tech Nation do?
Tech Nation supports digital technology specialists who may contribute to the UK tech economy by working for tech companies or starting their own businesses utilizing their technical or business experience. Over the previous two years, Tech Nation has received 1,975 applications and approved 920 visas from 50 nations across the world. The top three nations entering the UK using this visa were India, the United States, and Nigeria.
By 2020, 52% of people approved by IT Nation will be IT professionals working in the UK’s biggest tech companies, and 28% will be tech entrepreneurs, with 421 talents having established their businesses in the UK.
- Who is eligible to apply?
The UK tech visa system divides candidates into two types:
- Technical candidates with demonstrated digital technology knowledge, and
- Business candidates have a track record of success in digital product enterprises.
Top business skills endorsed: Founders or C Suite in a SMEs + (CEO, CMO, CIO) or head of operations, product managers, SaaS or enterprise sales leadership, commercial/business leads, and so on for a digital firm are all approved.
- What are the advantages of the Tech Nation Visa?
- There is no requirement for employer sponsorship or IELTS.
- There is no age restriction.
- You can change jobs or work for yourself without seeking permission from the Home Office.
- You can stay in the UK for three to five years.
- Your family can join you in the UK.
- In the UK, you can apply for permanent residency (ILR).
- The previously imposed restriction on the number of visas granted has now been lifted.
- Key Requirements for Tech Nation Approval
You were supposed to demonstrate that you are an innovator, leader, and expert in your field. Significant career accomplishments and years of experience become important decision considerations. When applying to Tech Nation’s Digital Technology Sector, you can describe your skills as either:
- as a leader – ‘Exceptional talent’ (5+ years of experience)
- as an emerging leader – ‘Exceptional promise’ (less than 5 years of experience)
- How much does a Tech Nation Visa cost?
Stage 1: Tech Nation Endorsement Application: £456 (Approximately INR 45,947).
Stage 2: The GTV Visa Application Fee is £152. (Approximately INR 15,315)
£608 for all dependents (Stage 2 only)
- How long will you be in the UK?
- If you’re applying as a leader, you’ll have three years (Exceptional Talent)
- If you are applying as a future leader, you must have a minimum of 5 years of experience (Exceptional Promise)
- What are the ‘Exceptional Talent’ Visa Eligibility Criteria for Tech Nation?
You must fulfil one necessary and two optional “Exceptional Talent” requirements. Applicants must demonstrate their identification as a leading talent in the digital technology area as a mandatory criterion for Exceptional Talent.
Along with the required documentation, you may also present two of the following criteria:
- a demonstrated history of innovation as a founder or senior executive of a product-based digital firm, or as an employee working on a new digital sector or idea
- proof of recognition for work beyond your occupation and toward the advancement of your field
- contribution to the technical, commercial, or entrepreneurial field as a founder, senior executive, or employee of a product-led digital technology company
- exceptional ability in the field demonstrated through academic contributions, research published, or endorsement by an expert.
Criteria for ‘Exceptional Promise’ Visa Eligibility in Tech Nation
You must meet 1 mandatory and 2 optional “Exceptional Promise” criteria:
Applicants must demonstrate that they have the potential to be a great talent in the field of digital technology and that they have been recognised for this. Along with the required documentation, you may also present two of the following criteria:
- As a senior executive of a product-based digital firm or as an employee working on a new digital field or concept, provide two or more instances of innovation.
- proof of recognition for work that goes beyond your career and contributes to the progress of the field
- strong technical, commercial, or entrepreneurial contributions to the field as a founder or employee of a product-led digital technology firm
- 2 or more examples of remarkable competence in the discipline demonstrated by academic contributions or research supported by an expert
- What is the Tech Nation procedure?
The application procedure for a UK Global Visa is divided into two steps:
Stage 1: Applying for approval
For candidates applying under the Digital Technology sector, you can be approved by an organisation authorised by the UK Home Office.
In this instance, you can seek endorsement from Tech Nation.
This is how you do it:
- Create an account on the UK website.
To begin, you must first register on the Home Office website. This may be done as follows:
- Fill out the online application in English.
- If you have family members or ‘dependants,’ you must fill out a separate form.
- Pay the health surcharge and visa cost (online) – £624 for a single application per year.
- Provide your biometrics in order to get a biometric residency permit, which you will receive when you reach the UK.
You will be given a registration number after everything is done.
- Register on the Tech Nation website and seek an endorsement.
You will need to perform the following to do this.
- Access the Tech Nation website.
- Completing the Tech Nation Application Form
- Please enter your registration number.
- Please include your contact information.
- Please upload your papers (see checklist below)
- Pay the application cost for endorsement.
- Please submit your application.
Tech Nation will review your application to see whether you are eligible for an endorsement.
After that, Tech Nation will make a choice and transmit it to the Home Office.
- Obtaining a response from the Home Office
Tech Nation will next review your profile and respond to the Home Office within 5 to 8 weeks with a decision on your endorsement.
So, what happens next?
If your endorsement application is accepted,
- Fast track applications are reviewed within three weeks.
- The UK Home Office will confirm this to you.
- You can then move to Stage 2 of your application, where you can apply for your visa.
If your endorsement application is refused,
- You can seek an endorsement review using this form within 28 days of receiving your judgment. This service is provided at no cost. The outcome of this review will be sent to you through email.
- If you wish to reframe your application and pay a new application fee, you can reapply for Stage 1 with a new application.
- You can also apply through the UK Skilled Worker Route.
It is best to talk to a visa expert like Prominent Overseas Careers avoid multiple reiterations and so you have a better chance of getting approved on the first try.