If a trip to the United States is in your future, you must secure a United States Tourist Visa from India.
A Tourist Visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows you to visit a foreign country for a short time. It permits entry into the United States and is the most important document to carry.
Continue reading to learn more about US Tourist Visas.
B1 and B2 Tourist Visas for the United States
- The B1 visa (Business visa) is for people visiting the United States for business purposes such as contract negotiations, attending educational, scientific, or professional conferences or conventions, or attending seminars.
- The B2 Visa (Visitor Visa) is intended for visitors to the United States for recreational purposes, to meet friends or relatives, or to receive medical treatment.
- The B1/B2 Visa, also known as the Visitor Visa, is issued in conjunction with the B1 Visa.
Note :It is critical to understand that a tourist/visitor visa or an employment visa falls under the category of ‘non-immigrant visas’ in the United States.
Documents required for an Indian tourist visa to the United States
Image Source (Google)
Letter of Confirmation of Appointment
- An appointment confirmation letter is required if you attend the visa interview in person at the consulate.
- It includes your application number, other personal information, and proof that you have paid the required visa fee.
Visa Application DS-160 Confirmation Page
- You will receive an application confirmation at the end of the online application process.
- You must print that page and bring it with you when you visit the consulate.
Your most recent passport
- Your valid passport confirms the government’s permission to travel abroad.
- If your previous passport has expired, you must also bring the most recently expired passport.
Certificate of Birth
The Birth Certificate confirms the applicant’s age as well as other details such as nationality and parent information.
- Your driver’s licence verifies your age and address, and it also includes your photograph.
- It demonstrates that you can operate the vehicle class for which you are licenced.
Certificate of Police Clearance
- This certificate is issued by the Crime Investigation Department or another relevant police department authority.
- It confirms that the visa applicant has a good moral character and has never been convicted or imprisoned for any criminal or illegal activity.
Certificate of Medical Fitness
This certificate from an authorised Medical Center attests to your physical and mental fitness to travel.
Proof of your Travel Insurance
- Travel insurance protects you against injuries, accidents, and even death while visiting the United States.
- To ensure maximum coverage, select the best travel insurance plan.
- For children travelling with you, relevant supporting documents confirming their age, medical condition, parental consent to travel to the US, and so on should be submitted.
Important information for Indians:
- Applicants who do not have both a medical report and a police clearance certificate will be denied entry into the US Embassy in New Delhi or the US Consulate in Mumbai.
- If you do not have your Indian police clearance certificate by the deadline, you must reschedule your appointment.
- If there is an issue with your medical report, the Panel Physician will provide you with additional instructions.
Note :It should be noted that a tourist visa and a transit visa are not the same thing. A transit visa is granted to a traveller who is passing through one country on their way to another. Schengen Visa countries require it.
How to Apply for a Tourist Visa to the United States from India?
Step 1: Determine the type of visa you require.
The Tourist Visa will be issued online via an e-tourist visa, but you can apply for it through the dedicated online portal.
You can obtain the Visa Application Form DS-160 by visiting our consultant office.
Step 2: Gather all of your documents.
Understand the document requirements and plan ahead of time to prepare the documents.
Step 3: Carefully complete the application form.
Your travel date, duration, and other trip details are included in the Application Form.
It is critical to specify the purpose of travel, whether it is a trip for pleasure, a business trip for official business, or a medical treatment trip.
Make it clear that you intend to return to your home country once your trip is over. You may also be required to state the financial aspects of your trip to the United States.
Other information includes flight tickets, hotel reservations, and a point of contact with a US residential address.
Step 4: Pay the visa fee.
The online fee is about $160 (Rs. 11,300) and is subject to change.
Make a note of your account number, which you will need to show at your visa interview.
Step 5: Schedule an appointment.
The visa interview is conducted by consulate officials. It can take up to two weeks to get an appointment for a visa interview. As a result, it is best to apply as soon as possible.
You can schedule your visa interview at the nearest consulate, such as the CKGS Application Center in Mumbai, Pune, or any other nearby metropolis.
Step 6: Attend visa interviews
For the first visit to the Offsite Facilitation Center (OFC) or Visa Application Center (VAC). Here, your biometrics and fingerprints will be taken.
You must bring your passport, the confirmation page of Application Form D-160, and the appointment confirmation page.
The officer at the US Embassy or Consulate would interview you during the second appointment.
The officer may inquire about your current occupation, previous visits to the United States or any other country, and so on.
- Keep a minimum of two days between your first and second appointments.
- Children aged 8 to 14 who travel to the United States with their parents are expected to face interviews as well.
- If one of the parents is unable to attend the interview, the other parent must bring a letter of consent confirming that neither parent has any objections to the child’s travel.
What comes next?
- By the end of your visa interview, the immigration officer at the embassy consulate may have informed you whether your visa has been approved or denied.
- Foreign nationals who wish to visit the United States are either granted a visa or have their visa denied for obvious reasons.
Note :It should be noted that this type of visa does not require an invitation letter.
Hire a professional to assist you in obtaining a US Tourist visa.
Visa fees for U.S. tourists
The visa application fee for an Indian citizen seeking a US visa is roughly $160.
Note :The visa application price fluctuates based on the exchange rate. It is not refundable nor transferable.
Visa Processing Time for an Indian Tourist Visa to the US
- During your visa appointment, the US embassy in India considers the facts and numbers you supplied in your Visa Application. When you apply in person using the India Visa application form, your US Tourist Visa may be issued within three to five business days.
- However, you may have to wait a few days for the US Tourist Visa to be sent to your address and stamped on your passport.
Note: Prior to obtaining an emergency visa through the US emergency visa service, standard visa fees must be paid. The DS-160 Visa Application Form must then be completed. And, finally, if your request is granted, an interview will be organised.
Other Essential FAQs
- As an Indian, what should I know about the US Tourist Visa?
Indian passport or visa holders are required to obtain a Visitor Visa to enter the United States.
- Understand the rules and processes thoroughly, as visa officials reject approximately 40% of tourist visa applications.
- The Indian passport holders receive a US Visit Visa in the form of a visa stamp.
- The duration of your Visitor Visa or emergency visa depends on the nature of your trip. A Visitor Visa is valid for at least six months and up to ten years.
- It is a serious violation to enter the nation without valid immigration and travel documentation.
Note: If you find any issues with your passport or other documents after arriving in the United States, contact the Indian Embassy located there for assistance.
2 .What should the minimum validity period for my Indian passport be in order for me to apply for a visa when visiting the United States?
When travelling to the United States, the minimum validity for your Indian visa passport issued by the Indian government should be at least six months. It is calculated after you have completed your intended stay in the country.
3 .What are the rules for extending or renewing a US visa for an Indian citizen?
A US visa’s validity period is not extendable. As a result, when the validity of your visa expires, you must apply for a new one.
Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) reserve the right to allow your entry into the United States.
Your Indian Tourist Visa is not your ‘right of entry’ into the United States. It is a request confirmation for your proposed entry.
The US government has a well-thought-out tourism policy.
However, when applying for a Tourist Visa to the United States, your intentions and documentary evidence should be very clear.
We hope that this blog provided you with the information you required to begin your visa application. Please contact us if you require any additional information.
How can prominent Help?
With a high success rate, Prominent Overseas Careers is the best immigration consultant in India. We served over 20,000 customers and had over 3000 active cases.
With Prominent, you can expect a one-stop solution for all of your visa needs, including profile evaluation, documentation, application drafting, and post-visa services.
Among our services are, but are not limited to:
- Profile Evaluation: Our experts advise you on the visas you can apply for based on your purpose of travel, profile history, and current travel policies.
- Visa Filing: Prominent ensures that your visa application satisfies all of the standard requirements set forth by the immigration authorities of the country to which you are applying.
- Documents & Review: Our expert team will assist you with all of the documents required to apply for a visit visa.
- Visa & Interview: We help you prepare the best answers and assist you with the documents you will need to present during your interview.
- Dedicated Case Officer: We assign a case officer who will walk you through the entire process. When in doubt, you will always have a point of contact.
- Post-Landing Service: Once you’ve received your visa, we’ll help you settle in with a comfortable stay and provide other customised services.
Avoid any delays or the possibility of visa rejection by working with India’s leading visa consultant!