There are many prospects for aspiring Indian immigrants with the UK Global Talent Visa. Boris Johnson, the UK Prime Minister, has proposed a new visa for eligible professionals. The Global Talent Visa is a replacement for the new Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa. Through this latest visa program, the government aims to streamline the post-Brexit immigration mechanism.
Eligibility criteria to get a Global Talent Visa:-
If you are a leader or prospective leader in one of the following regions, you can apply for a Global Talent visa to work in the UK. They are
- academia or research
- arts and culture
- digital technology
The basic Eligibility Criteria are:
1) Education and work experience in research, mathematics, engineering, and the arts (5 years+)
2) A letter of support from the UK’s designated examination bodies. For example, digital technologists need to get a “Tech Nation” letter of endorsement.
3) Three recommendation letters from seniors of the applicant (preferably on the letterhead of the company)
4) Reference letters from current and senior employers of the applicant.
*You will be eligible to qualify for the free EU Settlement Scheme if you or your close family member began living in the UK before 1 January 2021.
Otherwise, to work in the UK, you would need a visa.
Irish people do not require a visa or an EU Settlement Scheme to apply for it.
How to apply for a United Kingdom’s Global talent visa:
1) Start by recognizing the requirements for eligibility for this visa.
2) If you follow all the conditions, then you need to apply for approval from the UK-designated endorsement bodies. The endorsement bodies depend on your work.
3) After obtaining the endorsement letter, you must apply to the UK Home Office for a visa. You may either apply for it online or in India and abroad via the UK VAC offices.
*There are other ways to work in the UK – such as a Professional Worker Visa – if you are not qualified for a Global Talent Visa.
Approval time for the UK Global Talent VISA:
The turnaround time for the UK GTV application is 4 weeks to 8 weeks.
There are two stages to the process:
Stage 1: The first stage of the process takes between 2 weeks and 4 weeks, including endorsement. The ‘Endorsement Application’ is referred to as this stage.
Stage 2: The second stage of the application starts if your endorsement application has been approved. Following this, you should apply for a GOV.UK visa. In this process, aspects of immigration and grounds for rejection are considered.
Benefits of the UK Global Talent Visa:-
1) The IELTS exam is not required.
2) After staying in the country for 3 years, you can seek permanent residence.
3) You will travel along with them if the dependents fulfill those criteria.
4) Without having to fret, you can change companies, careers, and places.
5) To make use of this visa, there is no minimum salary prerequisite.
In terms of immigration and employment, the UK Global Talent Visa provides a range of opportunities. Without the hassle and uncertainty that other consultants can put you through, Prominent Overseas Careers will help you successfully get this visa.
In the course of obtaining this visa, our carefully crafted system will ensure that you have the smoothest journey possible, without setbacks and rejections. Please contact our immigration experts today to learn more.