CanadaSettle in CanadaStudy in CanadaJune 8, 2022by Prominent Overseas CareerIn 2022, where can I acquire an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)?

The goal of an educational credential assessment (ECA) is to prove that your foreign degree, diploma, certificate, or other qualification proof is authentic and equivalent to the one that Canada provides to its students.

When applying for the Atlantic Immigration Program, it is important to receive ECA in order to enroll in a college/university for a degree/diploma/certificate program there.

If you hold an ECA, you are qualified and on par with Canadian qualifications. Furthermore, an ECA will improve your registration score. If you apply for a Canadian visa, for example, points will be added to your Express Entry BC registration/Skills Immigration. Furthermore, an ECA will be required in your BC PNP Express Entry BC application if your IRCC Express Entry report requires one.

Eligibility requirements for ECAs

Your ECA report must show that your foreign degree/certificate/diploma is equal to a completed Canadian high school, secondary school, or post-secondary qualification. For any form of completed foreign education that you want Canadian immigration officials to consider, you must submit an ECA.

It is, however, up to you to select the credentials that will be reviewed by an approved business. Only then will this North American country’s immigration authorities recognize the ECA. The Canadian immigration authorities will determine for the entity a date on or after which the original ECA report can be issued. When you apply, the report must be less than five years old.

Image Source: (Google)

Applicants in need of ECAs

If they are applying to the Federal Skilled Workers Program or looking to get points for their education outside of Canada, all applicants for a Canadian PR visa who have studied outside of Canada must obtain their ECA.

You do not require an ECA if you have finished a degree, diploma, or certificate course in Canada. However, if you intend to bring your spouse or partner to Canada, you will need to secure an ECA for them in order to collect points for the education they received in order to qualify for a PR visa.

It will also assist you in earning points for the educational criterion required for your CRS score. An ECA is primarily required for the highest level of education completed. For example, if you have a master’s degree, an ECA would be required only for one course and not for any others you have finished. If you have two or more ECA credentials, you must have credentials for both of them.

Locations where ECA forms can be obtained

The designated organizations that issue ECAs are as follows:

  • Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
  • World Education Services
  • International Qualifications Assessment Service
  • International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
  • Medical Council of Canada (the professional body for Doctors)
  • International Credential Evaluation Service
  • Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (the professional body for Pharmacists

Keep in mind that the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will only accept assessments issued on or after the date the entities were allocated to prepare ECA reports for immigration applicants.



It is preferable if you choose an organization depending on your profession. The WES is unquestionably the most popular organization for completing ECAs. In addition to granting ECAs for degrees and diplomas earned in countries other than Canada, this agency verifies the authenticity of your documents. Only after that will it begin releasing the equivalency report that will assist you in obtaining the requisite points in your application for immigration to Canada.

If you want to go to Canada and obtain the necessary ECAs, contact Prominent Overseas Careers, the world’s leading abroad career advice firm. You can also contact Prominent Overseas Careers for counseling, assistance, and support for the stream you want to apply for.