Canada is well-known for the opportunities and diversity it provides. It has a low population in relation to its size, so it welcomes immigrants more readily than other countries. There are several Indian communities in the country, and it is still a popular destination for Indian immigrants.
A permanent residency visa entitles its holder to several benefits enjoyed by Canadian citizens. It also simplifies the process of obtaining citizenship.
What exactly is Canada Permanent Residency?
Canada is one of the world’s most developed countries, with numerous career opportunities. It has a favourable currency conversion rate, so skilled professionals prefer to settle and earn in Canada.
Image Source (Google)
If you want to immigrate to Canada, you must first learn about the Canada PR process from India.
These specifics will assist you in preparing your permanent residency application. You will also be able to immigrate to Canada much more quickly and without difficulty.
What exactly is Express entry?
One of the most well-known immigration routes is Express Entry. Express Entry Programs are classified into three types. These are their names:
- Program for Federal Skilled Workers
- Federal Skilled Trades Training Program
- Class for Canadian Experience
Program for Federal Skilled Workers
The Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) programme is a way to immigrate to Canada. Every year, the country welcomes over ten thousand people through this programme.
The FSW Canadian immigration programme is designed for skilled immigrant workers from all over the world who wish to work in Canada for an extended period of time. Candidates may apply along with their spouse/partner and dependent children.
Federal Skilled Trades Training Program
The Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) is an immigration route for people who want to work in a skilled trade and become permanent residents of Canada.
Candidates can select this programme when applying through Express Entry. It is an excellent option for people who have a skill or vocation.
Class for Canadian Experience
This pathway, which is also part of the Express Entry Program, is reserved for those who have worked in Canada for a year. If accepted, these applicants will be able to permanently relocate to Canada.
When Canada recognised the pool of talented workers already in the country, this pathway was created. This programme allows individuals and families to immigrate to Canada.
What provinces participate in the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)?
The provinces that participate in the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) are as follows:
- British Columbia (BC)
- New Brunswick
- Labrador and Newfoundland
- Brunswick, New Brunswick
- Northwest Territories of Ontario
- The Island of Prince Edward
The average score for obtaining permanent residency in the country as a skilled worker is 67 out of 100. These points are awarded based on your age, education, work experience, and other factors.
It should be noted that these points are for the Federal Skilled Worker Visa.
The points for other visa programmes, such as the Canadian Experience Class, Quebec Skilled Worker, Federal Trades Program, and so on, vary to some extent.
To be eligible to apply for permanent residence in Canada through the Express Entry system, you must have a minimum score of 67 points out of 100. These points are based on a variety of factors such as your age, work experience, education, language skills, adaptability, and so on.
These are the maximum points you can get for these factors:
|Age||Maximum 12 points|
|Education||Maximum 25 points|
|Language Proficiency||Maximum 24 points (English and/or French)|
|Work Experience||Work Experience|
|Adaptability||Maximum of 10 points|
|Arranged employment||Additional 10 points (not mandatory).|
The minimum requirement is as follows:
- The candidate must be fluent in either of the two Canadian Federal Languages, English or French, in written, verbal, and spoken form.
- You must have a complete foreign or Canadian education credential, as well as an ECA (Education Credential Assessment) from an approved institution.
- Have at least one year of continuous experience in one of the professions designated by NOC 0, A, or B.
Qualification for the Federal Skilled Worker Program
You must have worked in one of the following NOC-listed occupations:
- Jobs in management (skill type 0)
- Professional positions (skill level A)
- Technical and skilled trades jobs (skill level B)
Your skilled work experience must be documented.
- In the same field that your immigration application specifies. The NOC must be the same.
- A field in which you have worked for the last ten years.
- Something for which you have been compensated and which qualifies you as a paid employee. Volunteering and unpaid internships do not qualify.
- A field in which you have worked for at least a year.
- Full-time at one job:30 hours per week for 12 months equals one year full-time (1,560 hours)
- Part-time equivalent:15 hours per week for 24 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
- Full-time at multiple jobs:30 hours per week for 12 months at multiple jobs = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
Qualification for the Federal Skilled Trades Program
- This programme accepts the following NOCs:
- Industrial, electrical, and construction trades, Major Group 72.
- Maintenance and equipment operation trades, Major Group 73.
- Supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture, and related production, Major Group 82.
- Supervisors and central control operators in Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing, and utilities.
- Chefs and cooks, Minor Group 632.
- Butchers and bakers, Minor Group 633.
- You must have completed the responsibilities outlined in the lead statement for these NOCs. Your experience must correspond to what is listed in the NOC.
- There are no educational prerequisites. However, your chances improve if you have a high-ranking education in the ECA’s books.
- Language proficiency is required.
- Evidence of funds.
Qualification for the Canadian Experience Class
- Language proficiency is required.
- 1 year of professional work experience in Canada.
- This skilled work experience must have occurred while on a temporary visa.
- You are ineligible if you:
- If you have applied for asylum,
- If you work without permission,
- If you do not have a temporary residence permit.
- Your work experience must be in
- managerial positions (skill level 0)
- Professional jobs (skill type A),
- technical jobs, and skilled trades are all available (skill type B)
- You must have completed the duties outlined in the NOC’s lead statement.
- There is no educational requirement to qualify for this, but a higher education recognised by the ECA improves your chances.
Both of these have different requirements for applying for PR in Canada. While the aforementioned programmes issue invitations to apply, they also differ in this regard.
Image Source (Google)
- Education Credential Assessment (ECA)
- Language Test Scores
- Proof of Funds
- A letter of offer from a Canadian employer
- Provincial Nomination Certificate or territorial nomination certificate
- Divorce certificates or marriage certificates (if applicable)
- Your unique reference number
- Profile Number for Express Entry
- Validation code for job seekers
- Medical documentation
- Certificate of Birth
- Report of Police Verification
- Previous employers’ letters of recommendation
Once you have these documents in hand, you must determine your visa eligibility. Because Canada immigration is based on points, you must have valid points to apply.
The Application Procedure
Before you begin the application process, you must complete your language proficiency tests. If you intend to relocate to Quebec, you may be required to take a French language test.
Make sure you meet the criteria and submit the necessary application for the immigration programme you’ve chosen.
Submit all supporting documentation. The documents proving work experience and education must be attested.
You must demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to support yourself and your family in Canada.
Your documents will be reviewed by the appropriate official. If more information or documents are requested, you must provide them.
If everything goes as planned, you should receive confirmation of your PR status.
- Fees for a single applicant: CAD 825 for CIC + $500 (Right to PR Fee) = CAD 1325. (Including visa fees and PR fees)
- Fee for a Couple Applicant: (CAD 825 *2) = CAD 2650 + 500 (Right to PR Fee)
- Child Dependent Fee: CAD 225 per child.
A foreign degree Education Credential Assessment (ECA).
- $220+$10 (approximate courier charges of $10)
- $220 plus $85 for Fast Express courier fees. ($85 in Fast Express Courier fees)
IELTS exam fees –Rs. 12,000
Fees for biometrics
- For a single applicant, the biometric fee is CAD 85.
- For two or more applicants, the biometric fee is CAD 170.
The price ranges from Rs. 1000 to Rs. 2500. This fee is waived if you already have a valid passport.
If you apply through a Provincial Nominee Program, you will incur additional processing fees.
The following is a list of Canadian provinces and their respective fees:
|Name of Province||Fees Charged Extra|
|Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP)||CAD 1500|
|Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program (SINP)||CAD 350|
|Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)||CAD 500|
|British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BCPNP)||CAD 1150|
|Quebec Skilled Workers Program (QSWP)
(Only for Province of Quebec)
|Primary applicant: CAD 785
Spouse or Partner: CAD 168
Dependent Child: CAD 168
Other fees to think about
- Purchasing Travel Tickets The cost of an airline ticket can range from Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 100,000.
- The cost of a visa consultation varies depending on the consultant you choose.
- Evidence of funds
A completed online application can take up to 6 months to be processed.
How can Prominent assist you?
Prominent Overseas Careers is India’s best immigration consultant. Don’t just take our word for it; we have the numbers to back it up. We served over 20,000 customers and had over 3000 active cases.
We are the best immigration agents because of the following reasons:
We are an RCIC Immigration agent who is approved by the ICCRC (Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council). For all aspects of PR immigration visas, Prominent Overseas Careers works with an independent ICCRC agent.
- Dedicated Case Officer: Throughout the process, we provide personal assistance and a single point of contact between the company and you.
- Decades of Experience: We have an experienced team with a track record of success.
- Documentation assistance: From evaluation to Visa application and documentation, followed by post-arrival services.
- Opportunities to be highlighted:High-potential opportunities in global industries are highlighted.
- Assisting you in your success:We will always be there for you, whether you need interview training, French/English courses, or working samples for resumes, cover letters, or assistance with application forms, medical or police clearance certificates.
With Prominent, you can expect a one-stop solution for all of your visa needs, including profile evaluation, documentation, application drafting, and post-visa services.
Choose the best option for you. Obtaining a PR visa should not be difficult with proper guidance. The proper application procedure must be followed, and the proper documents must be submitted. Consult an immigration office for the best advice and the best chances of success.
Click here to consult with one of the best consulting firms in the country.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
Can I immigrate to Canada as a business owner?
You must apply for the investors programme if you want to immigrate to Canada as a business owner. For this, Canada immigration follows a different procedure.
- The main criterion is to demonstrate the effectiveness of your business plan. It must be beneficial to the Canadian economy. Having said that, the processing time may be significantly longer.
- However, the immigration processing time is determined by the completion of your application. If you submit your documents to the Citizenship and Immigration department as soon as possible, you may be able to obtain a visa sooner.
- Regardless, whether it is a skilled worker programme or an investor programme, you must follow the proper procedure. A good guide is essential for this.
Using the services of a reputable immigration consultant simplifies the process. You can also gain a broader understanding of all citizenship and immigration options.
What is the minimum IELTS score required for permanent residency in Canada?
To get the invitation to apply faster, you should have the highest IELTS score possible. This score will also expedite the issuance of your permanent resident card.
However, Canada has set a minimum threshold of 6 CLB as a standard. If you are married, you and your spouse are both eligible to take this test.
What are the various provincial nominee programmes available through Canada immigration?
Before we list the provincial nominee programmes, let us first explain the requirements for applying to a PNP programme.
- You must plan to stay and work in the chosen province for at least two years.
- Your application must meet the requirements for a Canada permanent resident visa.
- Your application must meet Canada immigration requirements.
Fulfilling these requirements is insufficient. You must also verify your application for a permanent resident visa to Canada. Consult with our Canada immigration consultant if you need help with document verification.
Moving on, we’ll talk about how to get this nomination.
- You can apply to the province and the Department of Immigration to Canada, or you can apply online whenever the province opens nominations.
What are the primary advantages of obtaining permanent residency in Canada?
There are numerous advantages to living in Canada with permanent residency status. Furthermore, your family will benefit from these advantages.
Take advantage of job opportunities and health benefits.
Enjoy higher pay and free medical care, just like the rest of Canadians. You will be able to apply for the same jobs without having to take different paths.
Benefits that other Canadian citizens can obtain
As a permanent resident, you are entitled to free education for your children. This benefit applies to you whether you choose to immigrate to Canada through the skilled worker programme or the provincial nominee programme. Under Canadian law, the Canadian government guarantees permanent resident visa holders a safe living environment and protection.
facilitating future generations’ settlement in Canada
This means that by deciding to immigrate to Canada, you are laying the groundwork for future generations to benefit from international education. Skilled workers who apply for a Canada PR visa are frequently ecstatic about this perk: free healthcare in Canada. After all, who wouldn’t want to avoid paying for medical care?
Is the point grid for CRS and FSW (Federal Skilled Worker) the same?
No, the CRS and FSW point grids are not interchangeable. The distinctions are listed in the table below.
- The IRCC will issue a PR (Permanent Residency) visa after reviewing the additional documents.
- You must relocate to Canada within a specific time frame.