IELTS, or International English Language Testing System, is a standardised English-language test for legitimate immigrants migrating to English-speaking countries.
The exam assesses your English language ability in accordance with the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB). Continue reading to learn more.
What is IELTS?
IELTS is a widely accepted educational test that assesses candidates’ English language skills. It employs a nine-band scale to determine the degree of control over the language. The IELTS test is divided into two categories: Academic IELTS and General Training IELTS.
Image Source (Google)
There are four separate modules or portions that assess English language skills. They are:
What is the needed IELTS band score for permanent residency in Canada?
Given its excellent quality of living, Canada is quickly emerging as an appealing destination for immigrants. While an IELTS is required for Canada PR applications, the minimum score varies per programme.
Here’s the minimum requirement for each CBL Level:
Image Source (Google)
IELTS Score For Canada PR: Express Entry Requirements
The IELTS requirements for Express Entry are as follows:
1. Federal Skilled Worker Program
For talented overseas employees who speak English as their official language:
No points are granted if you get CLB 4 or lower. If you achieve CLB 10 or above, you will receive the maximum number of points, 34 or 32. (if you are married).
|CLB Level||Points per subcategory||Listening||Reading||Speaking||Writing|
|10 and above||6||8.5-9.0||8.0-9.0||7.5-9.0||7.5-9.0|
If English is your second language, you will receive 4 points if you fulfil the reading, writing, and speaking standards for each section:
|CLB Level||Total Points||Listening||Reading||Speaking||Writing|
|5 and above||4||5.0-9.0||4.0-9.0||5.0-9.0||4.0-9.0|
2. Federal Skilled Trades Training Program
The following are the section score criteria for each CLB Level:
|10 and above||8.5-9.0||8.0-9.0||7.5-9.0||7.5-9.0|
3. Class on Canadian Experience
CLB is the minimal language requirement for National Occupational Classification (NOC) A employment. 7. CLB is required for NOC B employment. 5. The following are the essential linguistic qualifications for Canadian immigration.
The CLB levels that correlate to per-section IELTS general exam results are as follows:
|A||10 and above||8.5-9.0||8.0-9.0||7.5-9.0||7.5-9.0|
What is the cost of the IELTS exam?
Authorized institutions administer the examinations on set days, and candidates can take the IELTS exam for a minimal price of INR 13,250.
How long does it take to receive IELTS scores?
A printed copy of your IELTS test result, known as the Test Report Form (TRF), will be mailed to you 13 days after the exam date for a paper-based test and 3 to 5 days after an online test.
Image Source (Google)
Other Important Frequently Asked Questions
IELTS is valid in Canada for how long?
Your IELTS score will be valid for two years when applying for immigration to Canada.
What is a decent IELTS score for PR in Canada?
To be eligible for any immigration programme in Canada, you must have an IELTS score of at least 6. This is similar to CLB Band 7 (Canadian Language Benchmark).
What is the Express Entry System?
The Express Entry System allows talented immigrants to seek permanent residency in Canada more quickly.
There are three distinct paths in this system:
- Program for Federal Skilled Workers
- Federal Skilled Trades Training Program
- Class for Canadian Experience
To apply for permanent residency through Express Entry, you must have a CLB 7 language competency and an IELTS score of 6.0 in each component.
How does one obtain permanent residence in Canada?
There are five options:
- Express Entry : Express Entry is one of the Canadian immigration schemes that allows immigrants to fill positions when there is a shortage of skilled employees in Canada.
- Business Immigration: The Business Immigration Program is ideal for those who have prior experience owning, managing, and running a business.
- Family Class Immigration is a Canadian immigration programme that assists in the reunification of families in the nation.
- The Provincial Nominee Scheme (PNP) : is a particular programme for qualified workers who may contribute to the economy of a Canadian territory or province. It is a no-hassle direct immigration to Canada scheme.
- The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) assists temporary foreign employees and students in applying for permanent immigration based on their experience or education.
What are the qualifying requirements for a Canadian permanent residence visa?
The following are the qualifying conditions for obtaining permanent residence in Canada:
- Age: There is no set age restriction for persons seeking permanent residency in Canada. The application for a business or investor visa might even be past the age of 65, but the candidate for a family class visa can be under the age of 18.
- Education: To be eligible for Canada PR, people must have a level of education (bachelor’s degree) equivalent to a Canadian secondary school diploma.
- Work experience: For most Permanent Residence programmes in Canada, the candidate must have at least one year of work experience.
- Language ability: IELTS is one of the primary qualifying criteria for a Canada PR visa. The exam assesses the candidate’s English language ability in relation to the Canadian Language Benchmark.
- Adaptability requirements: The candidate is also graded on their ability to adapt to their new environment. If the candidate has job experience in Canada, they will receive 10 points; however, if they have completed two years of education in Canada, they will receive 5 points.
What are the primary advantages of obtaining permanent status in Canada?
You can enjoy the following benefits by becoming a permanent resident of Canada:
- Live and work in Canada: With a permanent resident card, you have the legal right to work and live anywhere in the nation.
- Obtaining a PR status is the first step in obtaining Canadian citizenship. You can seek for Canadian citizenship after living in Canada for three out of five years.
- Age: There is no defined age limit for anyone seeking permanent status in Canada. A business or investor visa applicant may be beyond the age of 65, however a family class visa applicant may be under the age of 18.
- People must have a level of education (bachelor’s degree) comparable to a Canadian secondary school diploma to be eligible for Canada PR.
- Work experience: Most Permanent Residence programmes in Canada need at least one year of work experience.
- Language proficiency: IELTS is one of the key qualifying criteria for a PR visa to Canada. The exam measures the candidate’s English language proficiency against the Canadian Language Benchmark.
- Adaptability requirements: The candidate’s ability to adjust to their new surroundings is also rated. Those with employment experience in Canada will earn 10 points; however, candidates with two years of schooling in Canada will receive 5 points.
What are the key benefits of gaining permanent residency in Canada?
By becoming a permanent resident of Canada, you will be able to enjoy the following benefits:
Work and live in Canada: A permanent resident card grants you the legal right to work and live anywhere in the country.
The first step toward obtaining Canadian citizenship is obtaining PR status. After three out of five years in Canada, you can apply for Canadian citizenship.
If Canada is your desired destination, we’ve made your IELTS criteria easier to meet:
Do you wish to immigrate to Canada?
Then take your IELTS right now. We will assist you at every stage of the immigration procedure.
How may Prominent assist you?
With a high success record, Prominent Overseas Careers is the top visa expert in India.
With Prominent, you can receive a one-stop solution for all of your visa needs, including profile evaluation, paperwork, application preparation, and post-visa services.
Visit Visa: Travel to any region of the world for pleasure or business with Prominent.
Study Visa: Attend Internationally Recognized Universities!
Work Visa: Live and work in the World’s Best Cities!
Immigration: We are your one-stop shop for all of your visa and immigration requirements.
Permanent Residency: If you become a Permanent Resident, you will receive additional advantages.
Image Source (Google)
Our tailored services for Canada PR include:
Profile Evaluation: We match your unique profile history with visa eligibility requirements and advise you on which visas to apply for.
Dedicated Case-Officer: Throughout the procedure, we provide personal help and a single point of contact between the firm and you.
Resume Writing: We can help you develop a resume that will stand out to the immigration authorities.
Documents & Review: Error-free visa documents, including document collection, verification, application filing, and post-landing help.
We will always be available for you whether you need interview training, French/English classes, or working examples for resumes, cover letters, or assistance with application forms, medical or police clearance certificates.
Profile Marketing: We are well-known for developing best-in-class portfolios that increase your profile on job boards. And, sure, this is a free service!
Visa Filing: Prominent guarantees that your visa application satisfies all of the standard standards set out by the immigration authorities of the nation to which you are applying.
Interview Training: Whether it’s a job interview or a visa interview, we have professionals that can help you succeed.
Post-Landing Services: After you’ve gotten your visa, we’ll assist you settle in. These services are precisely tailored to your needs.