Just like the other immigration programs the QSW also requires the candidate to have a minimum required score on the QSW points assessment grid. If you have sufficient QSW points, you can submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) using the Arrima online portal to be considered for the program. The Quebec government will then invite some candidates to submit a complete application for a CSQ which is a Québec selection certificate. Upon receiving a CSQ, an applicant becomes eligible to submit an official application for Canadian permanent residence.
In order to meet the eligibilities required to apply for a Quebec Skilled Worker Program, one has to fulfill certain criteria, They are:
- The age of the candidate should be under 40.
- The candidate needs to have a Bachelor’s degree in any stream.
- A candidate should have work experience of at least 2 years.
- A solo applicant must have at least 50 points.
- The candidate must have proficiency in English or French.
- Education in Quebec, like a Quebec diploma or degree, is always an advantage. However, this is not mandatory.
- You must not have any criminal records.
- You should be in good health.
To qualify for immigration to Canada as a Quebec-selected skilled worker, a solo applicant must score at least 50 points. Potential immigrants who apply with a spouse or a common-law partner must score at least 59 points in order to be eligible for the QSW Program.
The points are given as follows for each criterion:
- Age is awarded a maximum of 16 points
- Education is awarded a maximum of 14 points
- Areas of Training is given a maximum of 12 points
- Work Experience has a maximum of 8 points
- Language Proficiency has a maximum of 22 points
- Quebec Connection has a maximum of 8 points