Indians travelling to Canada must first meet all standards and obtain the necessary documentation. This blog provides you with all of the information you need to get started with your application for a tourist visa to Canada.
What is a Canadian Tourist Visa?
It is a temporary resident visa for persons who want to visit Canada for the following reasons:
- Meeting up with family or friends
- Tourism or vacation in Canada
You can obtain a long-term visiting visa to Canada if you meet the basic conditions.
What are the requirements for a tourist visa to Canada?
The following are the nine key prerequisites for obtaining a visiting visa to Canada:
- The principal applicant’s passport
- The dependent’s passport (if accompanying)
- Form for requesting a visa
- Evidence of funding
- Travel itinerary proof
- Invitation letter from friends and relatives (if visiting them in Canada)
- Proof of relationship with the person you’re visiting in Canada
- Evidence that your stay is only temporary
- Evidence of crime and medical records
What are the Eligibility Requirements for a Visit Visa to Canada?
The following are the requirements for obtaining a visiting visa to Canada:
- The principal visa applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- Should have a travel document, such as a passport
- Should not pose a danger to the country.
- There should be no prior criminal convictions or immigration issues.
- You can pay the visa application processing costs using a credit or debit card.
- Fill out the visa application form and send it to the Visa Application Center (VAC) Form of Consent from the Visa Office
- Have sufficient finances for your stay in Canada.
- Conduct a medical examination
- Attend the Visa Application Centre and provide your biometrics (VAC)
- Proof that your presence in Canada is temporary and that you will be going home
- Evidence of work in your home country
What Documents Are Necessary for a Visit Visa to Canada?
The following papers are required for a visiting visa to Canada:
- A legitimate travel document, such as a passport
- Form for requesting a visa
- Form of family information completed
- 2 passport-sized photos
- Proof of financial assistance while in Canada
- Marriage certificate proof (if any)
- Certificate of Medical Fitness
- Certificate of Police Clearance
- Travel insurance
- Letter of invitation from family or friends
- The immigration status of the person inviting you
- Proof of return to home country before the visa expires
These documents must be submitted online or at a visa application centre in Canada.
How Do I Apply for a Visit Visa to Canada?
The procedure for obtaining a visit visa to Canada is as follows:
Step 1: Check the Canada Immigration and Citizenship (CIC) website to see whether you are eligible for a visiting visa to Canada.
Step 2: Gather all essential supporting documentation.
Step 3: Complete the visa application form and submit it.
Step 4: Submit all supporting and supplementary documentation.
Step 5: Pay your application cost and submit your application.
Step 6: Watch for your application to be processed.
After approval, the immigration and citizenship department will send you an email with instructions on how to submit your passport for stamping.
What is the Visa Fee for a Canada Travel Visa?
The visa expenses for a Canadian tourist visa are as follows:
Application fee: 100 CAD (INR 6,154 approx)
Biometrics fee: 85 CAD (INR 5,231 approx)
Aside from that, you must have cash in your bank account. This is essential to cover your spending in Canada while on a tourist visa.
Processing Time for a Tourist Visa to Canada
The processing time for a tourist visa to Canada is 10-30 working days. The time is determined by numerous factors, including:
- The manner of application (online/paper-based)
- The nation from which you are applying
- In the VAC office, an application is pending.
- Time is given through biometrics.
How will I know if my tourist visa to Canada has been approved?
You will be able to track the status of your application in your online account where you submitted it. When your application is approved, you will get an email with instructions on how to submit your passport for stamping.
Can I work in Canada on a tourist visa?
When on a tourist visa, a person can find employment in Canada, but they must alter their status from a temporary resident visa as a Canadian visitor visa to a work permit.
Is it possible to change my visiting visa to a work visa in Canada?
Yes, you can convert your tourist visa to a work visa if you have a job offer from a qualified Canadian business who is willing to sponsor you.
How long can a visiting visa holder stay in Canada?
On average, foreign people can stay in Canada for six months. The border officer at the point of entry can offer you a 6-month extension on your visa entrance requirements, although this is an uncommon occurrence. It is recommended that you depart Canada before the six-month period expires.
Is a visa required for passage via Canada?
If you are from the United States, you do not need a visa to travel through Canada. Non-US citizenship, on the other hand, necessitates a transit visa, which is a sort of temporary resident visa for non-exempt visa nations.
What is the procedure for obtaining a transit visa?
It is identical to applying for another form of visa at Canada Immigration and Citizenship (CIC). The application must be filed to the immigration department, and the embassy must be convinced that you are passing through Canada and are not seeking immigration.
What should you do if your application is approved?
You can apply online, and if approved, you will receive a passport request for stamping before departing.
If you are not entering Canada with a passport, you must present a photocopy of your identity or travel document, such as an alien registration card, citizens card, or birth certificate.
How much money is necessary for a visiting visa to Canada?
On average, Canadian citizens or lawful permanent residents residing in Canada require 1300 CAD (approx. INR 80,006) in monthly costs. As a tourist on a non-immigrant visa, a person must present the Canadian embassy 2000 CAD (approx. INR 1,23,086 approx.) for their 30-day travel to Canada.
You can visit Canada for employment, school, or simply to roam around and make memories. You will need the following items to visit Canada:
- A current passport
- Documents for Education
- Certificate of Birth
- Proof of national identification
- Recent Photographs
Contact our specialists for a hassle-free visa process if you need a Canadian tourist visa or Canadian immigration.