What are Canada’s top five permanent residency categories for skilled immigrants in 2022?
Canada is a popular place for many professionals to reside and work. Since 2014, Canada has been active in offering skilled workers with permanent residency. Although Canada offers over 60 visa programmes, the top five visa categories for professionals to apply for in 2022 are shown below.
1. Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSW)
The Federal Qualified Worker (FSW) programme allows skilled overseas workers to obtain permanent residency in Canada. Candidates must get the required amount of eligibility points to be considered for this programme.
2. Program for Provincial Nominees (PNP)
Various Canadian provinces fund skilled immigrants to come, live, work, and settle in their area. They can apply for a permanent visa with Canadian immigration after three years if they obtain the nomination. A few provinces are quite simple to enter. These provinces provide decent work to a variety of qualified foreigners.
3. Skilled Worker Visa in Quebec
Skilled professionals who want to settle in Quebec must apply for permanent residency in Canada through a distinct mechanism. Applicants must apply through the Quebec government for the Regular Skilled Worker Program, commonly known as the Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP) or Quebec Experience Program.
This programme permits overseas candidates with a high level of education and training to come to Quebec. The skilled employees are assessed using a selection grid of variables.
After obtaining the necessary points, the candidate will be issued a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ), which will allow them to apply for permanent residency in Canada. This program’s fundamental prerequisite is that the candidate comprehend, read, write, and speak French.
Image Source (Google)
4. Pilot Program for Atlantic Immigration
The four Atlantic provinces of Canada banded together to launch the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Scheme, a fast-track immigration programme. The four Atlantic provinces are as follows:
- New Brunswick
- Brunswick, New Brunswick
- Labrador and Newfoundland
- The Island of Prince Edward
This initiative allows firms in the four provinces mentioned above to hire talented immigrants by providing employment and filling a need in their region or community. It is an employer-driven initiative in which suitable people are given jobs. Then you will be provided a settlement plan to help you and your family settle in that community.
5. Pilot Program for Rural and Northern Immigration (RNIP)
The community-driven approach is intended to bring the economic benefits of immigration to a local town.
This permanent residence programme permits immigrants to stay and work in participating towns.
Each participating town will have authorised companies who will hire talented people in their communities.
After completing the community’s standards and receiving a job offer from the company, the individual can apply for permanent residency in Canada.
There are multiple communities or tiny towns from several provinces, such as:
- British Columbia Alberta
What are the various types of visas?
There are additional popular programmes for Canada immigration visas than these five.
CEC (Canadian Experience Class):
Many skilled workers on temporary visas and students pursuing professional degrees call Canada home.
The Canadian Experience Class programme is the ideal way for individuals who are already studying or working in Canada to get Canada Permanent Resident visas. These people already have skills, job experience, and language fluency, and they work or study in Canada.
This provides a window of opportunity to apply for Canada PR, particularly for students wishing to stay permanently in Canada. You must have one year of skilled worker experience and want to live outside of Quebec province.
Federal Skilled Trades (FST) Classification
Candidates with a valid work offer from any Canadian Trade Employer are eligible for permanent residence in Canada.
There are several trades where experienced immigrants have extensive knowledge. Many businesses recruit experienced immigrants for a variety of services and occupations.
The Federal Skilled Trades Class not only allows immigrants to work immediately after entering the nation, but it also allows them to settle down with their families.
Image Source (Google)
Along with the employment offer, the applicant must also fulfil the program’s qualifying requirements, which include:
English Language Examination (CLB 4 and above)
Prove your intention to stay elsewhere in Canada other than Quebec Family Class.
The Family Class Visa allows permanent residents of Canada to sponsor a relative, spouse, or family member to become a permanent resident of Canada.
This visa is very valuable for individuals who have previously travelled to Canada to study, work, and become permanent residents. They can sponsor their relatives and allow them to immigrate to Canada as a family.
Many young people who have relocated to Canada have the possibility to sponsor their grandparents to come and live with them.
The candidate may sponsor their spouse and dependent children to remain with them and receive benefits.
How do I select the correct category?
In Canada, there are several programmes and ways to apply for a permanent resident visa. Based on your work experience, occupation, job profile, and so on.
You can select the programme that best suits your needs.
- FSW is an option if you have 3-5 years of job experience in your hometown and a solid IELTS score.
- You can choose the Provincial Nominee Program to improve your FSW (under express entry) ratings.
- If you have at least one year of Canadian experience, you can apply through the Canadian Experience Class.
- If your spouse is a permanent resident or a citizen of Canada, you can immigrate using the family class visa.
After determining which category you belong into, you may begin applying for your visa.
You can then work toward meeting the remaining criteria, such as language competency and other requirements for becoming a Canadian resident.
If you have correct counsel, it is simple to select the curriculum that will make the visa procedure easier for you.
Connect with our professionals at Prominent Overseas Careers for all the necessary information and help.
There are numerous papers that must be produced when applying for a Canada permanent residence visa from India.
Proper documents can help you obtain your Canada PR visa as quickly as possible.
It is always critical to ensure that you have submitted all of the needed documentation for your Canada PR visa. For the visa procedure, each visa programme requires supplementary documentation.
However, the following are the fundamental papers required to apply for a PR visa in Canada.
- Passport or other travel documentation
- Results of IELTS or a comparable language proficiency test
- Schooling Credential Assessment Report (if applying through the Federal Skilled Workers programme or if you wish to obtain points for education received outside of Canada)
- A written employment offer from a Canadian firm (if you have one)
Image Source (Google)
Canada PR processing time:
Your application for permanent residency in Canada must be comprehensive in every way.
- The IRCC usually responds within 6 months.
- Every information in the application is scrutinised by the issuing authority (IRCC).
- They receive thousands of applications every day, and it takes time to go over each one.
- So you should cross your fingers.
- All documentation supporting your academic and professional profile must be submitted.
- There are rules concerning landing in Canada within a specified time frame after receiving your PR Card.
How Can Prominent Assist?
Prominent Overseas Careers will assist you in every manner imaginable while applying for a Canada PR visa.
We have the most experienced personnel that will assist you in choosing the appropriate visa category and applying to become a permanent resident in Canada.
By contacting us, you will be one step closer to becoming a permanent resident of Canada.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
What IELTS score is required for Canada PR 2022?
Many nations require appropriate language competence ratings. IELTS is the most widely used method of assessing a candidate’s English competence. IELTS is a test that assesses a candidate’s language ability by assessing their hearing, speaking, reading, and writing abilities.
This approach is used in a variety of nations to assess a candidate’s language skills. The IELTS band scores are essential for obtaining the results. The following are the various scores that candidates must attain for each programme:
- Express Entrance – Candidates for the express entry programme must acquire 6 bands in all courses (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking)
- Canada Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) – Candidates for the Provincial Nominee Program must get six bands in all modules (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking)
- Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) – Candidates for this programme must score 4.5 in all courses (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking). Accepting a lower IELTS score is one of SINP’s most important advantages.
- Quebec CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) – Candidates for this programme must earn 5 bands in Listening, 4 bands in Reading, 5 bands in Writing, and 5 bands in Speaking.
What are the advantages of Canadian public relations?
Canada is a country that is diverse in many ways. Many different sorts of individuals come to Canada because of the numerous benefits the nation provides its population.
The following are the primary advantages of becoming a permanent resident of Canada:
- Canada provides free education to all permanent residents and citizens.
- They have great medical care governance.
- These are a person’s two most basic need.
- Many individuals are drawn to Canada because it offers a high quality of education and medical services at a reasonable cost.
- Anywhere in Canada, you can live, study, work, and settle.
- You are free to enter and exit Canada whenever you please.
- After meeting the minimum stay requirements, you will be eligible for Canadian citizenship.
- Sponsor relatives to come to Canada
- Children born in Canada are regarded to be Canadian citizens.