Top five US tourist visa requirements for Indian’s in 2022. It is issued for two reasons: a Business Visa (B1 visa) and a Visit Visa (B2 visa). Depending on your travel type, you may select a visa that is appropriate for your visit.
You must also inform US immigration authorities that you intend to return to your home country before your US visit visa expires. Continue reading to learn about the five most important factors to consider when applying for a US Tourist Visa from India.
Top 5 Indian Tourist Visa Requirements in the United States in 2022
Image Source (Google)
You must have a genuine reason to visit the United States, whether for business or for other reasons such as medical treatment, recreation, or tourism. You must also have enough money to cover your plane tickets (both ways) and your living expenses in the United States.
Aside from these, there are some other important US Tourist Visa requirements for Indians that we will go over in greater detail below.
Top 5 Indian Tourist Visa Requirements in the United States in 2022 1. 1.
1. Select a Visa for your Travel Purpose
First and foremost, before travelling to the United States, you must select a visa and apply for it.
Is it a B1 or a B2 visa?
A B1 visa is required for the following purposes:
- For commercial purposes ( to meet or consult business partners)
- Participate in an educational conference, seminar, or meeting.
- Purchasing or selling a home
- Contracts and deals must be negotiated.
A B2 visa is required for the following purposes:
- For medical reasons
- to go to social gatherings
- Sporting, musical, and cultural events
- enroll in a short-term course or programme
2. Understand the visa’s restrictions
Keep in mind what you cannot do on a visitor visa to the United States, such as:
- Studying in the United States or applying for Permanent Residency (PR)
- Foreign media job (radio, TV, journalism and others)
- Live performances for a fee (In front of live paying audience)
- Illegal entry as a crew member on a flight or ship.
3. Gather the Required Documents
The following documents are required to obtain a US visitor visa:
- A current passport
- You must complete the DS-160 form (the online non-immigrant electronic visa application form)
- In the DS-160 form, you must specify the type of visa (B-1, B-2, etc.).
- Business or visit documentation Photograph.
- Invitation letter from the host in the United States (If any)
4. Learn How to Apply for a Tourist Visa to the United States
The application process for a US Tourist Visa is similar and straightforward to that of any other type of US visa:
Step 1: Submit the DS-160 US visitor visa application form.
Step 2 : Pay your visa fees.
Step 3 : Plan the tourist visa interview at the nearest US embassy or consulate.
Step 4 : Finish the B-2 visa document file.
Step 5 : Participate in the visa interview
5. Arrange an interview
Please bring your VAC-stamped DS Form 160 confirmation, your passports (current and old), documentation from previous visits to the US (if any), and any supporting documents that will prove the claims you made in your visa application.
The interviewer will ask you questions about your visit’s purpose, your plans to leave after your visit, and your relationship with the friend or family member you’ve come to see (in such cases you may need evidence to support your relationship with them).
You will also be asked for your travel itinerary and questions about your travel and lodging arrangements in the United States.
Except for children, all visa applicants must undergo visa interviews, as shown in the table below.
|13 and below||Not Required|
|14 – 79||Required|
|80 and above||Not required|
Are you looking for a business or tourist visa to the United States?
At Prominent, our team of experts will assist you in passing your visa interview in one sitting. We offer complete assistance with your visa application and interview. We also offer post-landing assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
How long is the validity of a US visitor visa?
The US visitor visa (both B-1 (business visa) and B-2 (visit visa) are valid for 6 months.
How many times can I enter the United States on a visitor visa?
The US Tourist Visa, also known as the B1/B2 visa, is a non-immigrant US visa that allows for single, double, or multiple entries into the United States. On each trip, you can enter the United States and stay for a maximum of six months.
How long does it take to get a US tourist visa?
The processing time for B-1 and B-2 visas is typically 3 to 5 weeks.
Non-immigrant visas in the United States may take a few weeks or, in the worst-case scenario, months. This may vary depending on the workload at the US embassy or consulate, as well as the country from which the applicant is originally from.
How Much Does a Visitor Visa to the United States Cost?
The following are the costs associated with Non-Petition Based Nonimmigrant US Visas and Petition Based Nonimmigrant US Visas.
Nonimmigrant Non-Petition Based US Visas.
|B||Visitor Visa – Business, Tourism, Medical Treatment||$160|
|C-1||Transiting the United States||$160|
|D||Crewmembers – Airline, Ship||$160|
|F||Student Visa, Academic Visa||$160|
|I||Media & Journalists||$160|
|J||Exchange Visitors||No Visa Fee|
|M||Student Visa, Vocational Visa||$160|
|S||Witness or Informant||$160|
|T||Victim of Trafficking in Persons||$160|
|U||Victim of Criminal Activity||$160|
Visa Types Based on Petition
|H||Temporary Workers / Employment or Trainees||$190|
|O||Persons with Extraordinary Ability||$190|
|P||Athletes, Artists & Entertainers||$190|
|Q||International Cultural Exchange||$190|
Note: The costs may vary depending on the new immigration laws.
Other Important Frequently Asked Questions
How can I demonstrate my financial security to the US consulate?
- You can demonstrate this by providing the embassy or consulate official with bank statements and other financial documents.
- These statements should imply that the applicant is financially capable of supporting himself/herself during their trip to the United States.
- You must demonstrate your financial situation because the United States does not want anyone to become an additional burden on its economy.
- As a result, in order to avoid such situations, the country takes steps to prevent people from coming to the United States who are unable to support themselves or their families (if they bring anyone with them).
Can I work in the United States while on a tourist visa?
No, you cannot work in the United States while on a tourist visa.
- If you receive a job offer while in the United States, your employer must file a petition for you to obtain a work visa.
- You must apply for a work visa in your home country with this petition.
Can I apply for a green card while in the country on a tourist visa?
Obtaining a green card typically takes several months or, in most cases, several years. As a result, even if you apply for a green card while on a tourist visa, you may not receive one before your current visa expires.
Do Indians have the option of obtaining a visa on arrival in the United States?
No. However, Indian nationals with a valid visa in Canada or the Schengen member states can obtain a visa on arrival to stay in the US for up to 30 days.
What exactly is the Visa Waiver Program?
The visa waiver programme was established by the United States to allow citizens of certain countries to visit the United States for purposes such as business, tourism, and transit.
The following countries have been granted VWP to enter the United States:
|Europe||Scandanavian Countries||Asia||South America||Australia & New Zealand|
|Germany||Austria||Sweden||South Korea||New Zealand|
|United Kingdom||San Marino||Estonia|
What is the purpose of an Alien Registration Card?
The Green card is also known as an alien registration card.
Do I have to go through customs and border protection before entering the United States?
Yes, any country’s citizens seeking entry into the United States must be inspected by Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers.
Customs, immigration, and agriculture inspections are the three types of inspections performed on applicants.
Can I be denied a tourist visa to the United States because of my health?
Yes, if the authorities at the embassy or consulate believe you will spread an epidemic or that your health condition will cause a problem for the US healthcare system, they may deny you a tourist visa on health grounds.
Before applying for a US Visa, you should keep the following points in mind:
- Choose the appropriate visa for your trip (B1 or B2 visa)
- Things you should never do on a Visit Visa (for example, do not apply for PR on a Visit Visa).
- Recognize the application procedure
- Before scheduling an interview, make sure you have all of your documents together.
- Pay the applicable visa application fee.
When applying for a US visa, you should exercise extreme caution. In Prominent, our team of experts will assist you in completing the US Visa Application without difficulty.
How can Prominent assist you?
Prominent Overseas Careers is the most successful visa consultant in India. We served over 20,000 customers and had over 3000 active cases.
What do we have to offer?
- Visit Visa: Travel to any part of the world for pleasure or business with Prominent.
- Study Visa: Attend Internationally Recognized Universities!
- Work Visa: Live and work in the World’s Best Cities!
- Immigration: We are your one-stop shop for all of your visa and immigration requirements.
- Permanent Residency: If you become a Permanent Resident, you will receive special benefits.
- Profile Marketing: We are well-known for developing best-in-class portfolios that boost your profile on job boards. And, yes, this is a free service!
- Test Preparation: We have a specialized team of experts who offer free online IELTS, French, and other language test preparation.
- Resume Writing: Our resume specialists create the best resumes to meet the requirements of immigration authorities and potential employers. This significantly increases your chances of success.
- Documents & Review: Error-free visa documentation, including document collection, verification, application submission, and post-landing assistance.
- Visa Filing: Prominent ensures that your visa application satisfies all of the standard requirements set forth by the immigration authorities of the country to which you are applying.
- Interview Training: Whether it’s a job interview or a visa interview, we have experts who can help you succeed.
- Dedicated Case Officer: Your case officer will assist you throughout the visa application process. If you are dissatisfied with the officer, you can request a change.
- Post-Landing Services: Our customized accommodation-support team will assist you in making the transition to the country where you want to work and settle.
With us, you can expect a one-stop shop for all of your visa requirements.
CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY FOR PR VISA