Indians travelling to Canada must first meet all requirements and obtain all necessary documentation. This blog provides you with all of the information you need to get started with your application for a tourist visa to Canada. Read on.
What is a Canadian Tourist Visa?
It is a temporary resident visa for people who want to visit Canada for the following reasons:
- Meeting up with family or friends.
- Tourism or vacation in Canada.
You can obtain a long-term visitor visa to Canada if you meet the basic requirements.
What are the requirements for a tourist visa to Canada?
Image Source (Google)
The 9 most important requirements for a visitor visa to Canada are:
- The primary applicant’s passport
- The dependent’s passport (if accompanying)
- Form for requesting a visa
- Evidence of funds
- Travel itinerary proof
- Invitation letter from friends and family (if visiting them in Canada)
- Proof of relationship with the person you’re visiting in Canada
- Evidence that your stay is only temporary
- Evidence of criminality and medical records
What are the Eligibility Requirements for a Visit Visa to Canada?
The following are the requirements for obtaining a visitor visa to Canada:
- The primary visa applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- Should have a travel document such as a passport and should not pose a threat to the country.
- There should be no criminal violations or immigration issues. Previously.
- You can pay the visa application processing fees with a credit or debit card.
- Fill out the visa application form as well as the Visa.Application Center (VAC) Consent Form obtained from the visa office.
- Have sufficient funds for your stay in Canada.
- Conduct a medical examination.
- Attend and provide biometrics at the Visa Application.Centre (VAC) if your stay in Canada is limited and you will be returning home.
- Evidence of employment in your home country.
What Documents Are Necessary for a Visit Visa to Canada?
The following documents are required for a visitor visa to Canada:
- A valid travel document, such as a passport
- Form for requesting a visa
- Form of family information completed
- 2 passport-sized photos
- Proof of financial support while in Canada
- Marriage certificate proof (if any)
- Police Clearance Certificate Medical Certification
- Travel protection insurance
- Letter of invitation from family or friends
- The immigration status of the person inviting you
- Proof of return to home country before the visa expires
These documents must be submitted online or at a visa application centre in Canada.
How Do I Apply for a Visit Visa to Canada?
The steps involved in applying for a Canada visit visa are:
Image Source (Google)
Step 1: Determine your eligibility for a Canadian visitor visa on the website of Canada Immigration and Citizenship (CIC).
Step 2: Compile all required supporting documents.
Step 3: Complete the visa application.
Step 4: Submit with supporting and additional documentation.
Step 5: Pay the application fee and submit your application afterward.
Step 6: Await the processing of your application.
After approval, the immigration and citizenship department will email you to submit your passport for stamping.
What is the Visa Fee for a Canadian Travel Visa?
Visa fees for a Canadian tourist visa are as follows:
The application fee is 100 Canadian dollars (INR 6,178 approx)
Biometrics cost is $85 CAD (INR 5,251 approx)
In addition, you must demonstrate sufficient funds in your bank account. This is necessary to cover your expenses in Canada during your tourist visa stay.
Processing Time for a Tourist Visa for Canada
The processing time for a Canadian tourist visa is between 10 and 30 business days. Time depends on a number of variables, including:
- The mode of application (online or paper-based)
- The country from which you are applying The status of your application at the VAC office.
Other Essential FAQs
1. How will I know if my tourist visa to Canada has been approved?
You will be able to track the status of your application in your online account where you submitted it. When your application is approved, you will receive an email with instructions on how to submit your passport for stamping.
2.Can I work in Canada on a tourist visa?
When on a tourist visa, a person can find work in Canada, but they must change their status from a temporary resident visa as a Canadian visitor visa to a work permit.
3.Is it possible to convert my visitor visa to a work visa in Canada?
Yes, you can convert your tourist visa to a work visa if you have a job offer from an eligible Canadian employer who is willing to sponsor you.
4.How long can a visitor visa holder stay in Canada?
On average, foreign citizens can stay in Canada for six months. The border officer at the port of entry can grant you a 6-month extension on your visa entry requirements, but this is a rare occurrence. It is recommended that you leave Canada before the six-month period expires.
5.Is a visa required for transit through Canada?
If you are from the United States, you do not need a visa to transit through Canada. Non-US citizenship, on the other hand, necessitates a transit visa, which is a type of temporary resident visa for non-exempt visa countries.
6.What is the procedure for obtaining a transit visa?
It is similar to applying for another type of visa at Canada Immigration and Citizenship (CIC). The application must be submitted to the immigration department, and the embassy must be convinced that you are travelling through Canada and are not seeking immigration.
7.What should you do if your application is approved?
You can apply online, and if approved, you will receive a passport request for stamping before departing.
Note : If you are not entering Canada with a passport, you must submit a photocopy of your identification or travel document, such as an alien registration card, a citizens card, or a birth certificate.
What are the various types of temporary resident visas (TRV)?
TRVs are classified into the following types:
- Study permit/visa: A study permit is required for you to study in Canada.
- Work permit/visa: Required for working in Canada.
- A visitor permit/visa: is required for the individual to travel in Canada.
These visas are not the types of visas used to settle on immigration as PR immigration is done.
What exactly is an electronic travel authorization?
Few foreign citizens are exempt from obtaining Canadian tourist visas on their passports. They must, however, have electronic travel authorization (eTA) and their passport with them when entering Canada.
eTA can be applied for 7 CAD at the Canada Immigration and Citizenship (CIC) website, and the application can be completed in a few minutes or up to a few days.
Who needs an eTA?
Applicants for Canada eTA can be found below:
- Holder of a valid Canadian visa, such as a student visa or work permit
- Canadian Passport holders, i.e. Canadian citizens
- Holders of US passports who are Canadian permanent residents with a permanent resident card
How much money is required for a visitor visa to Canada?
On average, Canadian citizens or lawful permanent residents living in Canada require 1300 CAD (approx. INR 71,500) in monthly expenses. As a tourist on a non-immigrant visa, a person must show the Canadian embassy 2000 CAD (approximately INR 1,10,000) for their 30-day trip to Canada.
You can visit Canada for work, study, or simply to travel around and make memories. You will need the following items to visit Canada:
- A current passport.
- Documents for Education.
- National ID proof of birth certificate.
- Recent Photographs.
Contact our experts for a hassle-free visa process if you need a Canadian tourist visa or Canadian immigration.
Why Choose Prominent Overseas Careers?
Prominent Overseas Careers is the best immigration consultant in India. We served over 20,000 customers and had over 3000 active cases.
Our visit visa services include the following:
Profile Evaluation: Our experts advise you on the visas you can apply for based on your purpose of travel, profile history, and current travel policies.
Visa Filing: Prominent ensures that your visa application satisfies all of the standard requirements set forth by the immigration authorities of the country to which you are applying.
Documents & Review: Our expert team will assist you with all of the documents required to apply for a visit visa.
Visa & Interview: We help you prepare the best answers and assist you with the documents you will need to present during your interview.
Dedicated Case Officer: We assign a case officer who will walk you through the entire process. When in doubt, you will always have a point of contact.
Post-Landing Service: Once you’ve received your visa, we’ll help you settle in with a comfortable stay and provide other customised services.
With Prominent, you can expect a one-stop solution for all of your visa needs, including profile evaluation, documentation, application drafting, and post-visa services.