The United Kingdom is the fifth-largest economy in the world by GDP. Technology, science and management have all advanced in recent decades, creating a wealth of chances for anyone who wants to live and work in this country.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime chance for Indian people who want to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
When it came to immigration, Britain had a rigid policy. But now, as they strive to improve their competitiveness, the government of the United Kingdom is allowing talented workers to enter the country through the Tier 2 and Skilled Worker Visa programmes (Points-based system).
The Tier 2 Shortage Occupation List allows qualified employees from countries like India to apply to work in the UK on a long-term basis and pursue their professional objectives in a stimulating work environment. ”
There is a special visa category for entrepreneurs, investors, and other high-potential individuals. Because of the various employment protocols for citizens of the EU, EEA, and EFTA, applicants are not allowed to be from those countries.
It is possible to submit the application form and accompanying papers for processing at any of the UK consulates or approved visa service centres.
Professions with High Popularity Listed
- Doctors (Physicians)
- Nurses/Healthcare workers
- Scientists and Research Fellows
- Finance experts
- Entrepreneurs/Business Investors
- IT specialists
- And a few others.
What Can a Skilled Worker Do in the United Kingdom?
- In the UK, you may both work and study.
- Bring your family to the UK. Approved by the U.K. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- Leave and enter the UK with ease. (Traveling to Schengen nations need a separate Schengen Visa, which may be obtained while in the UK.)
A maximum of five years of validity. Renewal is possible prior to the expiration date with the right documentation.
Apply at least three months before the start date of your new employment. Visa acceptance decisions are made within three weeks of a successful visa interview. Fast-tracking numerous applicants who have occupations that are on the Shortage Occupation List has recently been implemented by the UK government to reduce processing times.
Between 2008 and 2010, the points-based visa application system for the United Kingdom was gradually implemented. To be considered, applicants must obtain at least 70 points.
The following are the criteria for determining eligibility:
- Professional qualifications
- Future expected earnings as per recommended standards
- Valid UK work permit
- Job offer letter
- Licensed UK employer’s Sponsorship
- Ability to communicate fluently in English
- Present funds in your bank
This visa requires a certain amount of money in order to get it. For a job offer letter to be valid, it must include a minimum salary of £25,600 or the precise compensation requirement or ‘going rate’ for the job.
It is common for Indian students on Tier 4 or student visas to seek work authorization following their studies, with the goal of eventually obtaining permanent residency.
Permit to work
Individuals’ petitions for work permits are not considered. As a result, your UK company must submit an application on your behalf, outlining the specifics of how and why you’ll be working in the UK, as well as how long you’ll be staying to fulfil your tasks. Depending on these factors, you’ll get a different permit type and length.
Consider yourself a highly trained and educated foreign worker who can help the UK economy thrive and prosper.
Skilled Worker Visa / Tier 2 (General) Visa
- Only for skilled foreign nationals who are non-EU citizens seeking for an employment visa in the UK with documentation of offered employment in a profession on the shortage occupation list.
- A sponsorship certificate from a licenced UK employer is required. The work you intend to perform in the UK must be directly connected to your sponsor organization’s specified work profile.
- If you intend to change careers, you must reapply under the appropriate profession category or complete the requisite transfer of permission papers, as instructed by the immigration department.
Tier 2 visas may give opportunities for professionals in unique circumstances.
- Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa: For transfer employees employed in firms headquartered in the United Kingdom and other nations.
- Tier 2 Religious Minister Visa: For religious ministers working for a religious organisation with a registered UK chapter.
- Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa: For coaches and athletes who have succeeded in athletic accomplishments or who possess a unique ability or expertise that can boost the performance of British athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
Visa Tier 1 (General)
- You can apply to convert from your current visa to a Tier 1 (General) visa if you are a current visa holder with a UK permanent residence permit, which means you have permission to stay (‘leave to remain’) in the UK. This is only available to those who are already in the UK and is not relevant to any other immigration categories.
Tier 1 (Extreme Talent) Visa
- To be eligible for this visa, you must be regarded as a globally renowned leader or emerging luminary in your field of science, humanities, engineering, medicine, digital technology, or arts. You cannot be a citizen of the EU.
Overseas Business Visa Representative
- Awarded to the single representative of an international corporation wishing to establish a UK branch or a completely owned subsidiary for an overseas parent company.
- Domestic Workers in a Private Household Visa is granted to an employee of a foreign newspaper, news agency, or broadcasting institution assigned on a long-term assignment to the UK.
A domestic worker in a private household may be granted this visa provided your employer is lawfully authorised to stay in the UK for the term of your job contract. You must provide documentation of at least one year of work with your current employer.
Documents Required for a Tier 2 Visa in the United Kingdom
- Certificate of Sponsorship / Job offer letter from licensed UK company.
- Academic/ professional certificates
- Current employment details
- Commendations/certificates for outstanding achievements.
- Current Salary slip and bank statements of last one year.
- Sufficient maintenance funds for the principal applicant and his dependants (if any).
- A valid passport with travel history/immigration visa stamps etc
- English Language Proficiency Test scores and clearance Certificates from a recognised Test Authority
- NOC on Criminal records after police verification
- Birth and marriage certificates.
- National Insurance number, travel and health insurance details.
- Other supporting documents
With several jobs, working double hours, half time, and overtime, earning potential in the UK is quite high. Increased pay, extended vacations, free healthcare, and a work culture that operates from Monday through Friday. As a result, the United Kingdom is an excellent place to work. Employers in the United Kingdom hire a diverse staff to foster creativity, since innovations and ideas from other views and cultures are always valued.
Other Important Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is the visa fee for a work visa in the United Kingdom?
A Skilled Worker visa typically costs between £610 and £1,408. You may be required to pay a healthcare fee of around £624 per year.
What is the maximum age for the UK working visa?
You may apply if you are over the age of 18 on the day of application.
Is it possible for me to leave the UK while my visa is being processed?
If you apply for a UK Visa while in the country, you will be unable to fly outside the nation since you will be required to maintain your passport with the immigration office during the application and verification procedure.
Which UK firms are most suited to assist me with my worker visa?
To hire employees from outside the UK, you must have an employer who holds a sponsor licence. This can help you obtain more points when applying for a visa.
How can I change my tourist visa to a work permit in the United Kingdom?
It is not feasible to convert a UK visiting visa to a work permit unless you can demonstrate that you are a future entrepreneur or an outstanding inventor who is independently able to acquire funding for establishing a firm in the UK. There is, however, a plan known as the working holiday visa or the UK Youth Mobility Scheme visa (Tier 5) available for young people who want to live and work in the UK for up to two years.
CHECK YOUR ELIGITBITY FOR THE UK WORK-PERMIT VISA!! NOW