One of the most appealing characteristics of Canada is its employment opportunities. Canada has always been a source of job possibilities, particularly for Indians.
Every year, thousands of Indians travel to Canada, mostly because this country offers the highest-paying employment in the world.
What are the documents required to apply for a Job in Canada?
To apply for a Canadian job from India, you will need:
- Professional Resume
- Cover Letter supporting your job application
- Documents of Previous Employment
- Payslips for salary evidence
- Identity proof
- Visa/Work Permit.
How To Get Jobs In Canada from India Easily?
1. Create a CV that avoids using filters.
For many of us, producing a resume appears to be a straightforward chore. A CV, on the other hand, necessitates a great deal of knowledge and experience.
Every month, a Canadian corporation receives hundreds of employment applications. It is tough for humans to sift all of this. As a result, the majority of businesses delegate the duty of sifting CVs to a technology known as a “Application Tracking System.”
This system will scan all CVs and filter out applications based on keywords, resume formats, alignment, photo profiles, and so on.
The first step in getting a job in Canada is to contact the HR department. Create your CV with our resume writing services to receive the most responses.
Image Source (Google)
2. Select the best sources for job applications.
In 2022, the way of applying for employment has entirely altered. To get recognised by employers, you must use a multi-channel strategy. With the advent of Linkedin and other portals, connecting with the perfect job is easier than ever.
Posting positions on numerous Canadian employment sites, using social media, contacting Canadian HR consultants, and applying for recent openings directly on the company’s website will help you produce answers rapidly.
3. Apply for a Permanent Resident Visa to Canada
Having a Canada PR increases your chances threefold. The employer will seek for people who have the legal right to work in Canada and are not sponsored by the firm.
It is prudent to apply for Canadian permanent residency if you have a solid degree and job experience.
Our experts can assist you with obtaining a visa to Canada in the least amount of time.
How can Prominent assist you with finding work in Canada?
At Prominent Overseas Careers, we offer answers to all of the problems that an Indian may have during a job application.
- Create resumes that will impress Canadian companies with a click-bait resume.
We ensure that your resume meets Canadian requirements and is click-bait because every country follows a systematic pattern of resume development.
- Smart Tracking: Most resumes are rejected by companies and never make it to their mailbox.
To address this issue, we employ a sophisticated method that ensures your resume reaches the recruiter’s mailbox and is read.
- Constant Efforts: For the next two months, we will be working on your profile nonstop. Throughout this period, all viable selections are sorted and applied to.
We promote your CV to firms looking for people with talents similar to yours.
- Interview Preparation: Getting a recruiter to say yes is not a simple feat. Through interview preparation aid, our professionals teach you how to unlock the secret of landing a job.
Our instruction becomes more realistic thanks to mock sessions.
- Advanced Services: If your spouse is joining you on your immigration to Canada, we can assist you both find work with our job search service.
How long does it take to find a job in Canada?
Workpolis once ran a poll to determine how long it takes a skilled worker in Canada to find work.
It discovered that more than half of job searchers were able to find work within 16 weeks of applying.
Many candidates reported that they applied to only 10 job listings before receiving their offer.
Salary ranges in Canada for various professionals
(in Canadian $)
(in Canadian $)
(in Canadian $)
|Computer Support Specialist||34k||56k||71k|
|Data Entry Operator||10.03||13.76||18.37|
|Chief Technology Officer (CTO)||89k||159k||240k|
|Chief Information Officer (CIO)||94k||158k||248k|
|Help Desk Technician||12.18||16.74||23.13|
|Inside Sales Representative||31k||44k||61k|
|Retail Store Manager||32k||48k||71k|
|Real Estate Broker||25k||54k||114k|
|Market Development Manager||47k||77k||122k|
|Outside Sales Manager||36k||55k||92k|
|Area Sales Manager||40k||66k||107k|
Why Canada is the best place for Indians to work?
According to Randstad, most job seekers pick Canada for reasons such as cultural diversity, high-paying work, career opportunities, and a variety of other criteria.
These five factors are sufficient for an Indian worker to begin their career in Canada:
- There is no religious or caste discrimination in multicure.
- Families will benefit from: Security and social advantages
- Economic: The highest-paying employment are in the service industry.
- Tech-savvy: The country with the fastest rising number of tech employment.
- Benefits: The Best in North America
How to Find a Job in Canada in a Short Period of Time
Finding a job in Canada can be a difficult endeavour if you do not have a thorough grasp of the Canadian labour market and do not plan ahead of time.
Here’s what you need to do to acquire a job in Canada quickly:
Image Source (Google)
Plan an Active Job Search Strategy:
You will not find a job by merely putting your profiles on Canadian job boards and waiting for results. You must actively seek for available employment and apply for them.
Doing so might be difficult given your hectic work and personal schedule. As a result, engage a job search consultant for yourself.
Because job search professionals are well-versed in the Canadian job market and everything related to Canadian jobs, enlisting their aid would be quite beneficial.
To apply for a Permanent Resident Visa, follow these steps:
If you believe that applying for a work permit for a Canadian job is a good idea, reconsider.
- Candidates with PR visas are given advantage over work permit holders by Canadian businesses. This is majorly because:
- Permanent resident visa holders bring the assurance of long-term residency in the country.
- This gives the employers a confidence the talent of the selected candidate will be beneficial on a longer run.
- The fact that companies don’t have to face any LMIA charges also motivates them to recruit PR visa holders.
- When the candidate obtains citizenship after three years, he will be a valuable asset to the Canadian economy.
Why Indians? A majority of Indians have the skills and talent Canada needs for its economic development.
A greater number of candidates than other countries’ nationals are able to meet Canada’s immigration criteria.
In certain occupations or skilled trade, a certification may be required. Similarly, for some roles you may be asked to demonstrate any practical skill test results.
Consult our job search experts to get a personalised checklist of documents based on your profile.
Why Permanent Residency is a Good Option to Get a Job in Canada in 2022?
A permanent residency visa is always considered an ideal option over work permit because of the status it grants. This visa grants you a permanent resident card, similar to a Green Card in the United States.
Also, in order to apply for this visa you do not need a work offer. Both the job search and visa process can proceed simultaneously.
You just need 67 points under Canada’s Express Entry (immigration system) and to submit your visa application online.
After obtaining this visa, you will be allowed to:
- Work throughout Canada
- Work for any Canadian corporation
- If necessary, switch between companies/jobs.
- Permit your spouse to work without a permit.
- entitlement to apply for all available jobs for Canadians
- Claim unemployment compensation under multiple programmes
- Benefit from the advantages of permanent residence (free education and free healthcare)
- in three years, the right to seek for Canadian citizenship
What are the required occupations to apply for Express Entry?
Canada Express Entry is the most orderly visa-issuance procedure in the world. Here, visas are awarded entirely on the basis of qualifications, experience, and points.
The occupation you represent must be classified in Canada’s National Occupational Classification.
This is a list of vocations that are in great demand and have a significant labour shortage in Canada.
While the NOC list is lengthy and is updated periodically in accordance with Canadian standards, the following are Canada’s top positions for 2022:
Sales Associates Sales associates are the most in-demand occupation in Canada in 2022.
As Canada’s business sector continues to expand with the opening of new companies every day, employers are in need of skilled salespeople to reach their clients. B2B and B2C salespeople are both in high demand.
If you are a member of the sales department and have longed to immigrate to Canada, now is the greatest moment. Check out these NOCs and apply using the corresponding codes:
Financial Sales Representatives – 6235
- Sales representative – personal banking
- Retail Salespersons – 6421
- Retail sales associate
- Sales associate Sales associate – retail
Image Source (Google)
Administrative assistants, as pillars of office environments, will be in high demand in Canada in 2022.
Applicants who can handle both routine clerical duties and specialist jobs like as accounting and bookkeeping are in particularly high demand.
You may submit an application under the following NOC codes:
- Assistants administrative – 1241
- Administrative Assistants, Legal – 1242
- Administrative Assistants, Medical – 1243
Developers are essential to Canada’s expanding digital economy. With the digital expansion of any organisation, software development becomes increasingly important.
According to Randstad, both front-end and back-end full-stack engineers are in high demand.
Computer programmers and interactive media developers – 2174 NOC codes
Developer of Cloud Computing and Electronic Business (e-business) Developer of Software Electronic Commerce (e-commerce) Developer-Designed Graphical User Interface (GUI) Creators of Interactive Media and Mobile Applications Developer Multimedia Programmer
Individual computer (PC) Developer of Application Software Developer
Web Designers and Developers – 2175
Electronic commerce (e-business) Developer of Website Electronic Commerce (e-commerce) Website Developer Internet Site Developer Intranet Site Developer Web Developer
Website Developer Accounts Specialist
Whether you are an Accountant or Accounts Manager, Canada’s labour market always has a position available for you. In 2022, accountancy experts will be in great demand.
In Canada, every business, from IT to consulting to sales and marketing, requires account specialists.
Employers also consider a candidate’s familiarity with CRM software and sales prowess when hiring an accounting expert.
The NOC codes applicable for applications are:
Banking, credit, and other investment managers – 0122 Corporate Sales Manager – 0601 Financial Managers – 0111 Financial Auditors and Accountants – 1111 Supervisors, Finance, and Insurance Office Employees – 1212
The list of occupations defined for this industry is extensive. For your application to be processed, your occupation must be nominated.
Contact our advisers to see if your employment qualifies for a Permanent Resident visa under Canada’s Federal Skilled Worker Program if you belong to any of the aforementioned accounting specialisations.
In Canada, project managers with the project management professional (PMP) credential will be in high demand in 2022.
In order to obtain a position as a Project Manager in Canada, you must possess skills in project management, the capacity to juggle many complex projects, and an efficient grasp of budget and clients.
These are the NOC Codes that may be requested:
- Engineering Managers – 0211
- Construction Managers – 0711 Engineering Services Project Manager
- Managers of Construction Project Financial Auditors and Accountants – 1111
- Administrative Officers – 1221 Internal Audit Project Managers
- Non-Technical Project Managers Organisation and Productivity Managers Real Estate Administrators – 1224
- Construction Project Managers, Producers, Directors, and Choreographers – 5131
- VFX Project Manager Project Manager for Video Games Project Manager for Visual Effects Interior Designers and Decorators – 5242
Manager of Interior Design Projects
As Canada’s older population grows, the country’s healthcare system places greater focus on service enhancement.
As a result, registered nurses and caregivers are in high demand.
You may submit an application for a registered nurse under NOC:
Registered Nurses and Registered Psychiatric Nurses – 3012 Allied Primary Health Practitioners – 3124
There has always been a scarcity of engineers in Canada. In Canada, there will be a severe shortage of electrical engineers in 2022.
The following engineers can apply for PR and be chosen more quickly:
- Engineering Managers – 0211 Electrical and Electronics Engineers – 2133 Other Professional Engineers, N.E.C. – 2148 Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technologists and Technicians – 2241 University Professors and Lecturers – 0311
How does Canada’s Express Entry programme benefit job seekers?
Canada has structured Express Entry such that it not only expedites the visa application process, but also connects people with work possibilities.
To do this, it has three distinctive features:
- Registration with Job Bank: After building your Express Entry profile, you are offered the opportunity to create a comparable profile with Job Bank.
- Employers in Canada who are actively seeking international talent have access to our Job Bank.
- The Job Bank is a recruiting platform comparable to Naukri, Shine, and Indeed, where applicants and businesses may connect to fill open positions.
- Prior to 2017, registering with Job Bank was mandatory. However, after that time, creating a Job Bank profile is no longer required.
Image Source (Google)
Employer Sponsorship: Employers in Canada may sponsor applicants while their Express Entry visa is being processed. This is accomplished by a genuine employment offer.
If an employer shortlists an applicant’s profile and extends an offer of employment, the candidate must submit the relevant information in his Express Entry profile.
The additional points range from 50 to 200 (depending on the profile) and increase the total CRS score.
Provincial Nomination: Provinces with a talent shortage align their visa systems with Express Entry in order to identify and nominate applicants for employment.
Candidates who satisfy these programmes’ qualifications are nominated and invited to live and work in the province for two years.
Now that you are familiar with the majority of the features of obtaining a job in Canada, you should be aware that there are also some obstacles.
Unimpressive résumé might get you failed
Sometimes, resumes are not sent to the recruiter’s mailbox.
There are several opportunities that are listed and eliminated each day, which you may miss.
Employers conduct intelligent interviews, and a single mistake might cost you the job.
What are the potential earnings for your career in Canada?
While we may provide you with an overview of salaries per industry, the precise response to your inquiry will be decided only after we review your profile.
Because every profession has a different wage range, only our specialists can help you grasp your predicted income based on your demand, job code, and associated revenue.
Contact us online or come to our local office.
Migrate, Canada, and other topics