Scoring 67 points does not get you a Canadian Permanent Residence visa, but it does qualify you to apply for one through the Express Entry system.
Then, depending on your profile qualities, you must select the best immigration programme for yourself.
The Express Entry system governs immigration programmes.
You are not guaranteed to get an Invitation to Apply for Permanent Residence if you are accepted into the Express Entry pool. You must have a good CRS Score to be invited.
What is the minimum CRS score for Canadian immigration?
To be eligible for a PR visa under the Express Entry system, you must first acquire a score of 67 out of 100. After proving your eligibility, you must also have a high CRS score.
Continue reading to find out how.
- The CRS system has a maximum of 1200 points.
- A cut-off score is announced for each Express Entry draw.
- The Canadian government issues an invitation to apply (ITA) for a PR visa to those who have a CRS score higher than the cut-off.
- Applications having a CRS score of less than 450 may be at danger. To go through, you could need a PNP nomination.
- The predicted minimum CRS score points may fall even lower if the demand for competent employees remains high and the number of applications for permanent residency falls.
The number of applications for the upcoming draw is projected to increase.
Image Source (Google)
What is my CRS rating?
How Do You Raise Your CRS Score?
There are at least four strategies to improve your chances in 2022.
- Fill out an application for a PNP.
A provincial nomination will increase your chances of getting 600 points for Canadian immigration.
To obtain a provincial nomination (PNP), you must first apply in the Express Entry Pool. Many provinces use an automatic selection method that is based on your CRS Points or NOC code.
Outside of the Express Entry Pool, you can apply for at least three distinct options:
- Nominee Program in Saskatchewan
- Nominee Program for Prince Edward Island
- Skilled Worker Visa for Quebec (outside Express Entry Program)
- Increase your IELTS score.
- A Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of 9 earns you 136 CRS points in this language exam segment.
- These kind of tests can earn you an extra 100 points in the Skill Transferability Section.
- A French language exam can get you an extra 24 points.
- If the principal applicant marries (Common law partner factors)
- If you have a spouse or a common-law partner, you will receive bonus points.
- Make your spouse the principal candidate if he or she has a greater chance of getting a higher score in the Express Entry profile than you do.
- You cannot alter the principal applicant if your Express Entry procedure has already begun.
- Obtain a Job Offer
- An existing employment offer can earn up to 200 bonus points.
- The employment offer must be recognised by the Labour Market Impact Assessment.
How are CRS Points Determined?
The following are the primary elements that influence CRS Points for Canadian permanent residents:
- Fundamental Human Capital Factors
- The greatest number of points you may get based on your abilities is:
- 140 points for your qualifying and
- 140 points for your qualifying and
- 150 points for language exam performance
- 70 points if you have prior Skilled job experience in Canada.
- Husband or wife or common-law partner
If you declare your accompanying spouse the major candidate and she has employment experience, this element gives your application an advantage. You may earn the most points in this category by:
- 10 for your educational level
- 20 points for linguistic ability
- Prior job experience is worth 10 points.
- Factors Influencing Skill Transferability
- There are numerous degrees of proficiency to consider.
- Language proficiency and postsecondary education both receive 50 points.
- A post-secondary degree and employment experience in Canada are worth 50 points more.
- Official language competence and international job experience both get 50 points.
- 50 points If you have a certification certificate as well as linguistic competency.
The Canadian government offers the following additional benefits to permanent residents in order to enhance their points:
- If you are nominated by a province in Canada, you can earn up to 600 points.
- If you arrange a temporary work before applying, you will receive 200 points, 30 points for French language competency, and an extra 30 points for a bachelor’s or post-secondary degree.
- Having a sibling who lives in Canada earns you an additional 50 points toward Canadian citizenship.
Read: Canada CRS Calculator: Know if you’re in demand in 2022 for a complete point breakdown of your CRS Score.
Other Important Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good CRS score?
The CRS score is critical for the Canada Express Entry Program.
- A score of 450 to 500 is considered good.
- An invitation to apply can be expected for a primary candidate with a CRS score between 400 and 450. (ITA)
- You must earn more options if your CRS score is less than 400.
- Experts believe that the CRS score will continue to fall in the next years.
Why is Express Entry regarded as the best immigration programme?
- The Express Entry Draw is one of the most well-known processes that determine the fate of foreign nationals’ admission.
- The method is based on point accumulation and profile rating.
- The grid of the Express Entry Pool point examines the applications received.
- This is known as the Comprehensive Ranking System Score (CRS) of the Express Entry Draw.
All applications, whether for the Federal Skilled Worker programme, the Federal Skilled Trades Program, the Provincial Nominee Program, or the Canadian Experience Class, are chosen based on occupation demand and the CRS score cut off.
Image Source (Google)
Which Canadian employment do not require a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
The following jobs are normally excluded from Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA):
- Engineers, technical professionals, creative and performing artists, and so forth.
- Intra-company transfers with specific educational qualifications who may assist Canada with their talents and expertise.
- Mobilité francophone employees
- The Canadian government holds the expedited entry draw on a regular basis. They determine the express entry draw’s CRS cut off score.
- This decides whether or not a candidate is invited to apply. Even if a candidate is rated last, they are still deemed eligible.
The government of Canada offers the following additional bonuses to help you improve your CRS score:
- You can get up to 600 points. If a Canadian province has nominated you, you can get 200 points if you arrange a temporary work before applying, as well as 30 points for French language skills.
- A bachelor’s or post-secondary degree is worth an additional 30 points.
- Having a sibling in Canada earns you an additional 50 points.
These points can all sum up to 1200 points.
We can assist you in raising your score!
How may Prominent assist you?
Prominent Overseas Careers is the top immigration counsellor in India, with a high success rate.
With Prominent, you can anticipate a one-stop solution for all your visa needs, including profile evaluation, paperwork, application preparation, and post-visa services.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Profile Evaluation: We match your unique profile history with visa eligibility standards and advise you on which visas you must apply for.
- Visa Applications: Prominent assures that your visa application satisfies all of the standard standards set by the immigration officials of the nation for which you are applying.
- Document procurement: Assist you with gathering the paperwork required before applying for a visa.
- Professional assistance: We will always be available to assist you with interview training, French/English courses, or working examples for resumes, cover letters, or application forms, medical or police clearance certificates.
- Dedicated Case-Officer: We provide personal help and a single point of contact between the firm and you throughout the procedure.
- Visa & Interview: We educate you of all the do’s and don’ts while attending a visa interview and have all of your papers ready for you.
- Post-Landing Services: We assist you in settling in the country once you have got your visa. These services are carefully designed to meet your needs.
Don’t waste time. Begin your visa application right away!